New Post Advanced Search

left over pasta??

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Old Style MoneySaving
57 replies 5.5K views
cathy_3cathy_3 Forumite
1.5K posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Old Style MoneySaving
Heat leftover pasta in a pan with some butter or olive oil and parmesan cheese...delicious side dish!

Replies

• mink35mink35 Forumite
    6.1K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mmmmmm....

I always make extra pasta and add it cold to a salad for lunch. Think I might have to make extra extra now! ;D
    Mink
  • Chris25Chris25 Forumite
    12.9K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    .............always deliberately make extra for my daughter to have cold the next day mixed with tuna, mayo, orange pepper and sweetcorn.
  • i always use extra for school next day too, except with, tuna mayo, ketchup, cheese and branston mixed in, but then i have weird kids. :-[
  • cathy_3cathy_3 Forumite
    1.5K posts
    i always use extra for school next day too, except with, tuna mayo, ketchup, cheese and branston mixed in, but then i have weird kids.  :-[

EEEEEEEEEEEEWWW

couch.gif

hate branston pickle
  • i love it, esp on a sandwich made with thick white bread and coleslaw (nothing else!).yummy. guess thats where kids get it from. off for lunch now to have baked potato, tinned salmon and branston. :o can't wait. ;D ;)
  • CaterinaCaterina Forumite
    5.9K posts
    I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭
    The best of the best leftover pasta dish, imho, is

FRITTATA DI MACCHERONI

It can be done with any type of pasta and leftover spaghetti lends itself beautifully to this!

Beat eggs with pasta (1 egg to a cupful of pasta appx.) and then fry in hot oil in a frying pan as if you were making an omelette. LEt it fry slowly and if you have a large cover for the pan use it, as it cooks the eggs more thoroughly.

If it is difficult to turn, just put under a grill to finish cooking the top.

Buon appetito!

Caterina
    Finally I'm an OAP and can travel free (in London at least!).
    1.5K posts
    ohhh that sounds fab

Gratzi Caterina
  • jaybeejaybee Forumite
    1.5K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭
    You've done it ahian. I've already eaten . . . but now I'm hungry again :o
  • CaterinaCaterina Forumite
    5.9K posts
    I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeh I have that effect on people when I start talking about food LOL

It is never too late for pasta, mind you - Spaghetti a Mezzanotte is a tradition (midnight spaghetti) for when people come back from a party or outing:

Spaghetti aglio & oglio

Put olive oil in a pan, fry chopped garlic and chilli.Meanwhile cook spaghetti. Drain and dress with above and sprinkle with chopped parsley.

Buon appetito hehehehehe I've done it again ;)

Caterina
    Finally I'm an OAP and can travel free (in London at least!).
    1.5K posts
    cook an onion chopped with garlic and chilli powder add chopped bacon mushrooms and a tin of tomatoes

cook spaghetti

incorporate them all when the pasta is cooked with a 1/4 of cheese grated in

mmmmmmm

absolutely the best pasta dish ever