SIPP investment in Property

Replies

• Thrugelmir wrote: »
    One post and disappears, despite stating has no connection. Do I smell a troll?

I find that comment offensive mainly due to it's ignorance but also it's stupidity. For the record :-
    I have ABSOLUTELY no connection with either Dolphin or SIPP Club other than the fact that I have invested in Dolphin and I have also invested in opportunities advertised on the SIPP Club website.

I have not posted further comments since my original because I was merely stating facts that may (or may not) have helped someone in making a decision. Virtually all of the preceding comments to the original post were made from a stance of ignorance. i.e. we don't know anything about it but it must be dodgy paying 12% AND it's unregulated.
    I would normally agree with several of the posters comment "if it's too good to be true............." but in this case I had first hand experience and thought that my comments would provide a balanced view.
    Since my original post, My wife and I have received further scheduled payments, as has my pension fund.

Hope this helps :-)
  • pinxos wrote: »
    I find that comment offensive mainly due to it's ignorance but also it's stupidity. For the record :-
    I have ABSOLUTELY no connection with either Dolphin or SIPP Club other than the fact that I have invested in Dolphin and I have also invested in opportunities advertised on the SIPP Club website.

I have not posted further comments since my original because I was merely stating facts that may (or may not) have helped someone in making a decision. Virtually all of the preceding comments to the original post were made from a stance of ignorance. i.e. we don't know anything about it but it must be dodgy paying 12% AND it's unregulated.
    I would normally agree with several of the posters comment "if it's too good to be true............." but in this case I had first hand experience and thought that my comments would provide a balanced view.
    Since my original post, My wife and I have received further scheduled payments, as has my pension fund.

Hope this helps :-)

You only getting 12% a year?

Why don't you give me your money and i'll give you 15% a year. You then tell all your mates about your brilliant investment, they then invest with me then I go bankrupt after a couple of years?

How much you got to invest? I could do with a new car....
  • ThrugelmirThrugelmir Forumite
    86.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    pinxos wrote: »
    I find that comment offensive mainly due to it's ignorance but also it's stupidity.

Why has it taken you over 7 months to respond then? Nor have you made any other posts in the intervening period. Sorry but my suspicions are aroused when people get unnecessarily aggressive and petty.
    Real insurance claim quote : -

"Going to work at 7am this morning I drove out of my drive straight into a bus. The bus was 5 minutes early.".
  • dunstonhdunstonh Forumite
    108.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭

That doesnt mean a thing. Where is that money coming from? What happens when that tap is turned off?
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • VistaroVistaro Forumite
    4 Posts
    Anyone NOTbeen paid by Dolphin?
  • Daniel54Daniel54 Forumite
    722 Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 500 Posts
    ✭✭
    Vistaro wrote: »
    Anyone NOTbeen paid by Dolphin?

The FCA warning should be sufficient to deter would-be investors

http://www.fca.org.uk/news/warnings/dolphin-capital-investors-uk-limited
    4 Posts
    I understand that but has anyone NOT been paid?
  • MalthusianMalthusian Forumite
    9.4K Posts
    Sixth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why, have you not been paid?
    4 Posts
    I've had no problems but keen to understand the experience of others before I invest again. It's also worth noting that the FCA warning above is about Dolphin Capital Investors not Dolphin Trust.

I'm happy with the increased risk of an "alternative investment" but obviously keen to manage the risk, one of many ways to do this is to understand the experience of others hence my interest.
    4 Posts
    FYI Dolphin Capital became Dolphin Trust mainly because of the bad publicity about Dolphin Capital Investors, my understanding (and I stand to be corrected) is that there is no relationship between DCI and Dolphin Trust.