We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Lidals freebees

13»

Comments

  • andor
    andor Posts: 60 Forumite
    Just a reminder. Last week I got a 2.5kg pack of potatoes free. Yesterday I got 2 loaves of plain bread free. Today I got a packet of burger rolls and a 500g loaf of wholemeal bread with sunflower seeds free. They are always stacked just beyond the checkouts.
  • emmy05
    emmy05 Posts: 2,085 Forumite
    thanks for the heads up xx
  • Yes, thanks, but at roughly what sort of time please?
  • Savethekipper
    Savethekipper Posts: 1,540 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic
    There was a programme on TV the other week that featured a man who lived off the food that supermarkets threw away as the packaging was damaged or it was close to the sell by date. This chap lived a normal, working life but was disgusted at the amount of waste. He called himself a "freegan".

    Interesting programme which underlined the lack of morality with regards to food shown by these large supermarkets.
  • andor
    andor Posts: 60 Forumite
    andor wrote: »
    Just a reminder. Last week I got a 2.5kg pack of potatoes free. Yesterday I got 2 loaves of plain bread free. Today I got a packet of burger rolls and a 500g loaf of whole grain bread with sunflower seeds free. They are always stacked just beyond the checkouts.

    Yuck. The kids opened the whole grain bread and found the taste so disgusting that they had to use mouthwash to get rid of it. "It cant be that bad" I said just before I tasted it. I was wrong. Yuck from me too.

    PS local Lidl freebies are first come first served and are usually gone by about 10am.
  • I think this is fantastic. With the "Love Food Hate Waste" campaign, this is an excellent example of a company doing their bit towards helping the environment by not wasting food. When my OH worked for M&S they used to throw the food in the bin and cover it with die, to make sure no one got it back out of the bin and ate it.

    http://www.lovefoodhatewaste.com/
    I want to be credit card and loan free by Christmas 2010
  • hamzramz
    hamzramz Posts: 283 Forumite
    I didn't know you get freebies from Lidl, I've never got freebies in the Lidls I visit.
  • andor
    andor Posts: 60 Forumite
    Been to 3 different Lidls and got freebies from each of them.
  • Never Seen Any Freebies In Any Of The Liverpool Stores
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.