Maximising income - Mystery Shopping? Surveys? (Part Two)

Options

Comments

• bb999
    bb999 Posts: 528 Forumite
    Options
    i just don't want the ir thinking that i am taking the !!!! by saying that i made a loss. The only i say that i made a loss is because in their eyes they allow yiou 40p a mile.
    I did 68.9 miles yesterday which works out at £27.56 petrol. I know this isn't true as my petrol cost £35 a tank and I only used a 1/4 of it.
    So in my eyes i prob made a little bit but in the ir eyes i would have made a loss.
    Does that make sense?

But it's not £27.56 for petrol. The figure that the IR pay includes fuel, repair, insurance, etc. ie the true cost of running the car.
  • moneymaker2
    moneymaker2 Posts: 449 Forumite
    Options
    Ahh... See where we are going now.
    I knew I shouldn't have dyed my hair blonde!!!!!
  • youyouyou06
    Options
    sorry i am a bit slow a few questions i need answering i dont own a computer but regulary use internet cafes so how long do i need to be on a computer

can someone tell me how it works
  • josie
    josie Posts: 3,106 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    what happens if you have no proof of things- I have used 2 lots of parking today at a cost of £2.70 and I wasn't offered a reciept for either.

I would just keep a note of the parking if you haven't got a receipt, to show it in your calculations and make sure you ask for one in future. All car parks will be able to provide you with one, but you usually have to ask.

As someone else has said you may make a loss on paper, but you'll have bought food, stamps, etc., or had a meal out for free, so it's not all about the actual income, to be "ahead".

Also, with the quite generous 40p a mile and parking costs it looks like you've made a loss then great! The fact that you were going into town shopping anyway, is irrelevant in terms of the Inland Revenue - you've had your petrol and parking paid for by mystery shopping when you were going anyway - perceived benefit, over actual money made, again.
  • moneymaker2
    moneymaker2 Posts: 449 Forumite
    Options
    I think next time i'll just pick some closer to home as these were in derbyshire and in total i did 69 miles.
    It was a nice day out though, I took the family and we spent a not very dfw friendly £17.20 on lunch and had a look round the shops which were very different to the ones we had in Nottingham. So doing the job prob paid for the day out, so saved some of my own money at least
  • josie
    josie Posts: 3,106 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Anyone signed up with ABA Research Counter Intelligence?

I seemed to register straight away with no checking and have my log in, but when I go to look for jobs it says no jobs in any locations :confused:

Does it take a while to be "properly" registered, or is there just nothing available at the moment, anyone know?
  • Becles
    Becles Posts: 13,166 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    josie wrote: »
    The fact that you were going into town shopping anyway, is irrelevant in terms of the Inland Revenue

This isn't right.

You should only be claiming for journeys that were made solely for MS reasons. If you were going somewhere for non-MS reasons and took a job to do while you were there, you cannot claim all of the costs for the journey.
    Here I go again on my own....
  • paulinespens
    paulinespens Posts: 253 Forumite
    Options
    Hi all Ive got my first mystery shops very soon with GFK. One thing confusing me is that when you enter which shops are from left and right of the store is this done facing into store or facing from the store if that makes sense?

Thanks
  • learning_to_drive
    Options
    Anyone signed up with ABA Research Counter Intelligence?

I seemed to register straight away with no checking and have my log in, but when I go to look for jobs it says no jobs in any locations

Does it take a while to be "properly" registered, or is there just nothing available at the moment, anyone know?

I have found the same and have been registered for around 1 month
  • wensie
    wensie Posts: 179 Forumite
    Options
    Hi all Ive got my first mystery shops very soon with GFK. One thing confusing me is that when you enter which shops are from left and right of the store is this done facing into store or facing from the store if that makes sense?

Thanks

Hi Pauline, it's usually when you are facing into the store ... so you stand outside, look at the shop and then left and right. :smiley:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure