Real-life MMD: I've won a £100 vch - must I pay for my friends?

Options
1234568»

Comments

• sharnad
    sharnad Posts: 9,904 Forumite
    Options
    You pay first 100 they pay the rest
    Needing to lose weight start date 26 December 2011 current loss 60 pound Down. Lots more to go to get into my size 6 jeans
  • Ebenezer_Screwj
    Options
    You presumably wish to pay some proportion of the "treat" so you must be specific about the terms of your invitation. If I was invited out for a meal unconditionally I wouldn't expect to pay anything !
  • svmitche
    svmitche Posts: 592 Forumite
    Options
    klakierro wrote: »
    I feel that the student discounts are given to students - because we don't work. I don't understand why your friends splits his/her discount with you guys? If you are not students, you don't get a discount. Simple.

Sorry for this slight offtop, I think either sell the voucher or tell your friends to pay anything above £100 - you are already treating them to that amount so I don't see why you would have to contribute to the amount above £100.

Sorry, only just seen this and felt I should explain, we do it that way as it's a slightly different situation - my friend is a PhD student so gets a wage, so she feels it's fairer to us all to do it that way.
    I'm so sexy it's a wonder my underpants don't explode.
  • heartbreak_star
    Options
    svmitche wrote: »
    Sorry, only just seen this and felt I should explain, we do it that way as it's a slightly different situation - my friend is a PhD student so gets a wage, so she feels it's fairer to us all to do it that way.

totally off-topic but I love your avatar!

HBS x
    "I believe in ordinary acts of bravery, in the courage that drives one person to stand up for another."

"It's easy to know what you're against, quite another to know what you're for."

#Bremainer
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport