PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

June 2013 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• tessie_bear
    tessie_bear Posts: 4,898 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    i am on to june now but no spends are planned just yet as in use it up mode

we are having gammon for tea and will look for some chips in the depths of the freezer later on...i have a rotisserie gadget in the little oven we got so am going to try a chicken in that for friday tea which i hope will be nice...anyone got one as im wondering how long it needs to cook for ?

have a nice day tessa
    onwards and upwards
  • eveie189
    eveie189 Posts: 301 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I haven't started my new month yet but could I be put down for £360 this month please?

Thats for the five of us for 4 weeks and includes nappies, food and toiletries.

good luck everyone doing this challenge!

Eveie
    April GC 9th-7th may £0/£320
  • WantToBeSE
    WantToBeSE Posts: 7,729 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped! Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Can I be put down for £65 a week please?
    Still in Mays budget at the moment, until 1st June.
  • GreenFairy
    GreenFairy Posts: 379 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I'm in use it up mode as well. Still have loads of pasta, rice and the like left from the beginning of May shop, which is great, but I'm running out of ideas for things in the presses that can go with them.
    Am putting my shopping list for my big June shop together as well. It's getting long!
    Attempting to stay on track in the Grocery Challenge!

Occasionally blogging at CookingTheBooks!
  • Billie-jo
    Billie-jo Posts: 1,221 Forumite
    Options
    Still on the May GC but will try for £220 for June again please. Very doubtful am going to make Mays target but keeping it the same for June - (mind you May turned out to be a 5 week month for us where as June is only 4)
    Thank you to everyone who keeps the thread running smoothly and to all who post and make suggestions.
    Good luck to everyone for June.
    MARCH £62.38/250
  • SilverBird_2
    SilverBird_2 Posts: 310 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    GC budget for June is £200.
    #Life isn't about waiting for the storms to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain #We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us #If you focus on what you have left behind, you will never see what lies ahead - Gusteau/RatatouilleGC 2022: £0/£2,500 total spend
  • m155piggy
    m155piggy Posts: 68 Forumite
    Options
    I have no idea how much I have spent for May as I have a pile of receipt stuffed into my journal which I daren't tally up - everything has gone slack and I have gone WAAAAY over my £300 budget - June is a new month though so I need to suck it up and get back on track!
    Please put me down for £300 for 1st - 30th June.
    Yesterday I made 3 large chicken pies, 2 apple pies and 10 portions of chilli so at least there is something in the freezer to get me started!
    May GC 433.32/ 350 :eek: Apr GC 263.43 /300
    Mar GC 346.43 /350 Feb GC 248.01/300
    Jan GC 249.47/400
  • K9sandFelines
    K9sandFelines Posts: 2,578 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic Combo Breaker
    edited 24 May 2013 at 12:02PM
    Options
    Please can i be put down for £300 again, thanks. I have just done another Approved Food order, but as it isn't due til about the 30th May, i will add it to this budget and not May's (which i am still in til 30th). I can't physically consume it until June anyway. I also had £10.99 credit, as i found a foreign object in a Bakin' Boy muffin, so the total has come to £13.00 odd less that.

I also have a Cloud 9 order coming on Saturday which will be about a tenner, but again i won't use this yet so will add half to June, and half to July as i won't use the fabric conditioner until July, as at the mo have loads, but want to take advantage as the lady only delivers here about every six weeks.

I hope to crack it this month as not having to add any more delivery savers, though i am still able to shop til 10th of June. I can probably squeeze two £40 shops in from 1st til the 10th, and then I can stick to a shop of £25 to qualify for delivery from there on in! Thank goodness it's only a four week month. I'm also going to hopefully finally manage to spend my coupon at Ald* for the first time in three months, as I either haven't had enough shopping or can't get there/get coupon.

Here's hoping :p
    GC £150 a month for food, toiletries and cleaning Jan £134.58 Feb £137.18 Mar £118.89 April £
    Forever learning the art of frugality
  • Florenceem
    Florenceem Posts: 7,997 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Spend of £5.93 added to sig.
    Dinner was more food in MW - jacket potato + honey roast gammon + spicey baked beans. :(
    My sink/taps and worktops are now in the kitchen. :D
    Decluttering Achieved - 2023 - 10,364 Decluttering Target - 2024 - 3,129 May - 90/105
    GC NSD 2023 - 242/365
    2023 Craft Makes - 245 Craft Spends 2023 - £676.03/£400
    Books read - 2023 - 37
    GC - 2024 4 Week Period £21.54/£100 NSD - 91
    2024 Craft Makes - 228 Craft Spends 2024 £327.42/£500
  • lovefullshelves
    Options
    Please can I join in? I've kept all this months receipts and scared myself! I'm gonna start with a june 1st budget of £400 but thats gotta include catfood for 15 cats and a dog(I live on a farm, theres room for them all!)
    Thankyou :)
    2013 NSD 100. CC2014CC- £31.50/£135
    2014 NSD 86 so far - May 20/21
    2014 G/C spend £741.55 so far May £107.99/£91
    Debt Free - 30.05.13 Emergency tin - £1000
    June 23 - 9NSD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income