Mobiles.co.uk cashback - check your amounts

OneADay
OneADay Posts: 9,031 Forumite
Combo Breaker First Post
Noticed on one of my contracts through mobiles.co.uk the cashback amount had reduced by £3-£4. First cashback was correct 3 months ago, second one reduced.

I saw the change happening on the "My Account" page on their site. Did ask the question to customer services and they replied and answered a different point.

Had to ask again why the figure had changed and I had been sent a smaller cheque. Second time, someone has looked into and I am due to get a second cheque to pay the difference.

So if you have a cashback deal, check you are getting the right amounts. They seem to be updating their Account pages so best to be on the lookout.

Comments

• mobilejunkie
    mobilejunkie Posts: 8,460 Forumite
    Ignore their on-line pages - using those is usually a mistake. As for wrong amounts - that's been happening for the past year. When it does, send an immediate email and tell them what you'll do if they don't pay the correct amount. Then they will (provided the what = take the appropriate legal action).
  • OneADay
    OneADay Posts: 9,031 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 30 March 2013 at 11:08PM
    Ignoring their online pages would have been the better option when they were not updating them through the contract period.

They have now started updating their system and the online pages indicate different amounts to that I expected and received on my second cashback.

I did send them an immediate email - two to get it sorted. The first email said something about changes being done to their online pages which I can see. What they were also doing (in my case) was changing the amount per cashback (i.e. dropping from £57 say down to £52).
  • mobilejunkie
    mobilejunkie Posts: 8,460 Forumite
    Not just in your case. They have been paying wrong amounts some of the time for the last year. They are also still sending out contradictory instructions on which months to claim and have changed their t&c maintaining their ambiguity.

As always, follow the t&c at the point of sale and nothing else and watch them like a hawk - or eventually you are likely to come unstuck.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure