IMPORTANT REMINDER: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information. If you are uploading images, please take extra care that you have redacted all personal information.

"BPA has denied my children s inheritances" alleged VP Boss

Replies

• nigelbbnigelbb Forumite
    3.7K Posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Why would you be charged 50p/hour to do your weekly shop? I was talking about pay & display car parks not free car parks.

As for delays at the exit it doesn't happen at the multi-storey car parks that I frequent here in Norwich. You pop the ticket that you received on entry into a separate machine where you pay before departure. The ticket is endorsed & you put the ticket into the machine on exit. If you shop in John Lewis & park in the adjacent car park then you hand over your ticket when you buy something in store & the assistant behind the counter pops your ticket in a machine so when you finally come to pay you get a discount.

I can see that pay & display might be an option where entry/exit barriers aren't possible e.g. on street parking but that wouldn't be a private parking company enforcing that anyway.
  • ComputersaysnoComputersaysno Forumite
    1.2K Posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    lol....!!!!in' brilliant!!!
  • andy13andy13 Forumite
    216 Posts
    Local Carpark operated by VP has signs up stating they are BPA members.
  • UmkomaasUmkomaas Forumite
    38.5K Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    Just listened to this. BPA seem to be saying that the major non-compliance centred around lack of access to POPLA appeals service via VP.

Similarities with Parking Eye seemingly purely coincidental :huh:
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .
    I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
  • Coupon-madCoupon-mad
    113.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    Umkomaas wrote: »
    Just listened to this. BPA seem to be saying that the major non-compliance centred around lack of access to POPLA appeals service via VP.

Similarities with Parking Eye seemingly purely coincidental :huh:

Yep I thought that too - and re UKCPS as well. Complaints to the BPA needed each time.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Mr Troy states that motorists can appeal to an "adjudicator".

Has Shona had a promotion?
    Je suis Charlie
  • UmkomaasUmkomaas Forumite
    38.5K Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    Slightly tangential to this thread, but just had a look at Patrick Troy's bio.

' Patrick was appointed Chief Executive of the British Parking Association (BPA) in December 2008.

He has overseen the development of legislation for the private parking sector, placed the consumer at the heart of decision making within the BPA and established clear accountabilities for the decision-making structure within the Association.
    '

Got me a bit confused, need a drink :)
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .
    I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
  • 27col27col Forumite
    6.6K Posts
    Forumite
    I heard the broadcast. My heart was really bleeding for him. So sad, that his kids will lose their inheritance It might mean that they have to go out and get a proper job. So sad! :D:D:D
    I can afford anything that I want.
    Just so long as I don't want much.
  • prosnapprosnap Forumite
    399 Posts
    I bet his children will be well chuffed that dad was willing to pass on the inheritance of creating misery for thousands of people.

Mind you! .... Being despised by nearly everyone seems to be a family trait ... :rotfl:
    The word "gullible" isn't in the dictionary
    Tickets: 19 [cancelled: 18, paid: 0, pending: 1]
    PPC Appeals: 8 [accepted: 2, rejected: 5, pending: 1]
    POPLA: 4 [accepted: 4, rejected: 0, pending: 0]
  • Kite2010Kite2010 Forumite
    4.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Home Insurance Hacker! Car Insurance Carver!
    Forumite
    nigelbb wrote: »
    Why would you be charged 50p/hour to do your weekly shop? I was talking about pay & display car parks not free car parks.

As for delays at the exit it doesn't happen at the multi-storey car parks that I frequent here in Norwich. You pop the ticket that you received on entry into a separate machine where you pay before departure. The ticket is endorsed & you put the ticket into the machine on exit. If you shop in John Lewis & park in the adjacent car park then you hand over your ticket when you buy something in store & the assistant behind the counter pops your ticket in a machine so when you finally come to pay you get a discount.

I can see that pay & display might be an option where entry/exit barriers aren't possible e.g. on street parking but that wouldn't be a private parking company enforcing that anyway.

That system of parking validation is used a bit in the part of America I visited earlier in the month.

Something like (in a restaurant car-park):
    $1 per 15 minutes upto 2 hours [sign didn't say what happens if you spend more than 2 hours in the car-park, most likely the charges will stay the same at $1 per 15 minutes], or free with parking validation from the restaurant.

Restaurant goers get free parking, everybody else is free to park and pay the stated charges.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Check your Clubcard vouchers

Use our trick to extend them

MSE News

Preparing for summer

What MoneySaving things can you do now to get ready?

MSE Forum

Hot Diamonds 40% off code

Including already-reduced outlet stock

MSE Deals