We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Roman Shower enclosures - Any good or am I expecting too much?

Options
2»

Comments

• Kins
    Kins Posts: 26 Forumite
    Options
    plumb1 wrote: »
    Quite a few of your problems seem to be from poor installation . The caps could have been under/over tight, the doors could be out of line making the magnetic strips not sealing correctly.

Roman say the cap detail for the screws is a known problem to them. They also say the same about the cap detail on the wall posts. Roman do not mention these issues in the fitting instructions, nor say silicone must be used to overcome them. Bit naughty really. The customer becomes aware once they are broken or have gone down the waste pipe!

The door sealing is far inferior to other brands I have looked at.

And if the door handle and grub screw detail was good I would not be constantly tightening them. In fact one is loose again this morning!

And another screw cap has popped off and vanished!

But let me see what they come up with when they visit.
  • SuzieSue
    SuzieSue Posts: 4,099 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    keystone wrote: »
    So the :D:D:D didn't indicate anything to you then?

Cheers
    Yes, I realised it you meant it as I joke and I tried to thank you but the thanks button has disappeared (this has been happening a lot, not sure if it is my computer)
  • Kins
    Kins Posts: 26 Forumite
    Options
    Roman have now been out to overhaul the shower screen.

Their apologies have been accepted and there is recognition from them that the customer has spent a substantial sum in buying their product.

A couple of hours work with adjustments and repairs, at their expense. It would appear there are some known issues with the wheel assemblies, and this is part of the problems I have experienced.

Overall I am now impressed with the service. Provided I get no more more problems I would say they have risen from zero to hero.
  • afm_2
    afm_2 Posts: 698 Forumite
    Options
    I'm sorry to bump this but I have also just had a Roman shower enclosure fitted and since day one it has been letting water come off the enclosure through a gap between the doors and the rail. The water hits the shower tray and bounces up through the gap. This gap is there by design.

I have bought Roman to avoid any issues with water and almost half of the cost of redoing the ensuite was for the Roman enclosure. I felt very reassured by the 10 year warranty. However, they aren't being any helpful saying that it can happen for a lot of reasons and that they are afraid that the engineer will look at it and say that it is because of "Height/position of shower head, where the water hits the tray, volume of water etc."
    [FONT=&quot]
    I asked them to indicate to me where I could find the guidelines for positioning shower head, volume of water etc and they said they don't have any. They also say that if this was a design fault then everyone would be complaining of the same. Well, if you have a shower enclosure designed with a gap at the bottom, then I am pretty sure water will come out for many people, but they possible don't bother to complain. If only I had seen that detail before it got installed...

They now say I need to pay £65 for the engineer to come to my place and I am sure I won't see that money again as they will find a way of blaming the installation. I wasn't aware of this fee and I think it makes this warranty useless as I can never ask them to see check smaller problems as it won't be worth it. Also, I don't even think this fee should be allowed as it is the first year of the warranty and I have the right to a warranty. What do you guys think?

I am thinking of contacting trading standards about this but I don't know if that would be the best way to deal with this. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thank you!
    [/FONT]
    Goal: Win a car (or cash to buy one :))! -- Haha goal from when I was a student. Never actually won this but got a good job instead.

What I achieved:
    Car paid in full straightaway.
    Two properties fully paid. Wohhoooo!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business