PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

April 2013 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• mummyyof5
    mummyyof5 Posts: 1,839 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Lost the plot in March so need to try again for April...My target will be £200 for the month..OH pays for all basics in L**l when hes home and most of the petfood....I pay for all top ups when he is away (coach driver,currently abroad more than at home ) and things we prefer from MrTs etc.

Will either be Pies or spaghetti and meatballs tomorrow depending on what my kids fancy...we had chicken kiev,wedges and salad today...do need more salad and cat biscuits...I have to get these from MrTs as they do Senior ones and my cats are getting on in years :(

NSD today so good start xxx
    Feeding 6 Adults 1 Teen a 8 year old with hollow legs and a very fussy 5 year old. Also 3 cats and 3 fishies
    To include all Food,Toiletries and Petfood.
  • Welsh_Poppy
    Welsh_Poppy Posts: 979 Forumite
    Options
    Billie-jo wrote: »
    NSD here - hopefully the first of many for april.
    Been having a lazy day today and spent most of it sewing squares together for a blanket. Dont mind the knitting or the crocheting but not that keen on the sewing bit.

I am the same love the crotching or knitting but hate sewing up.I must have over 50 squares to stitch.

NSD today hopefully the first of many.

Dinner was hungarian goulash and dumplings for OH I just had veggie sausage beans and poached egg on toast.

menu planned for week
    Tuesday HM soup and rolls
    Wednesday Chicken curry and rice
    Thursday Cheese and potato pie with sausage and salad
    Friday HM Fish pie and broccoli
    Saturday Sausage ,mushy peas and chips
    Sunday Roast dinner.
    Weight loss challenge 66lb to go /59lb's lost

Grocery Budget January £150/£175
    Feb £150/
  • Welsh_Poppy
    Welsh_Poppy Posts: 979 Forumite
    Options
    My meals are vegetarian and need to work out what i want this week:-)
    Weight loss challenge 66lb to go /59lb's lost

Grocery Budget January £150/£175
    Feb £150/
  • DanielleNic87
    DanielleNic87 Posts: 1,064 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Spent £12 (rounded up) at Lidl on Saturday. Had to buy some Worcester sauce, eggs, crumpets, orange juice, cat treats. Also bought 40 bars of the white choc that was on offer. That has not come out of the GC budget as I use it for my baking.

February GC £26.68/£250

• craigywv
    craigywv Posts: 2,342 Forumite
    Options
    WELSH POPPY i would love the recipe for the goulash pls thks.
    C.R.A.P.R.O.L.L.Z #7 member N.I splinter-group co-ordinater :p I dont suffer from insanity....I enjoy every minute of it!!.:)
  • Florenceem
    Florenceem Posts: 7,925 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    meg72 wrote: »
    Impressive creative cooking there.I love the idea of keepig a bit back to make a another meal. This was a tip given to me by my dear Nan 50 years ago when I first got married. She said pretend you have an unexpected guest and stretch the meal to feed 3 instead of 2, worked a treat.
    Great tip from your Nan.
    Decluttering Achieved - 2023 - 10,364 Decluttering Target - 2024 - 2,874 April - 252/300
    GC NSD 2023 - 242/365
    2023 Craft Makes - 245 Craft Spends 2023 - £676.03/£400
    Books read - 2023 - 37
    GC - 2024 4 Week Period £51.35/£100 NSD - 75
    2024 Craft Makes - 204 Craft Spends 2024 £295.23/£500
  • Florenceem
    Florenceem Posts: 7,925 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    NSD here.
    Had a quick meal from the freezer for dinner - something Mr F got when I was away. I am not a fan of sweet and sour but I ate it.

Mondaysdinner_zps45f75335.jpg
    Decluttering Achieved - 2023 - 10,364 Decluttering Target - 2024 - 2,874 April - 252/300
    GC NSD 2023 - 242/365
    2023 Craft Makes - 245 Craft Spends 2023 - £676.03/£400
    Books read - 2023 - 37
    GC - 2024 4 Week Period £51.35/£100 NSD - 75
    2024 Craft Makes - 204 Craft Spends 2024 £295.23/£500
  • nannygladys
    nannygladys Posts: 3,075 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hi everyone, just calling in to say as I havent spent anything my GC money is still in tact.
    Had stir fry for dinner that was bought a couple of days ago, and I dont think I will be going to the bank for a couple of days so I should be able to keep it up!! I have plenty in my cupboards, fridge and freezer so I should be OK
    Nannyg
    2024 is going to be a positive year for me, and it's starting now!! 
    Buys: All budgeted and paid by cash!
    Jan - fridge/freezer
              Hoover
    Feb - milk frother, curtain pole x2, roller blind - bathroom, toilet seat, bath sink taps, kitchen sink waste unit and an extra double electric socket.
    March - raised bed for garden, bathroom cabinet, roller blind - kitchen

• Nicky_Noo_Na
    Nicky_Noo_Na Posts: 763 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Proper weekly shop done today at £28.18 which I thought was reasonable and included a few decent YS items with shops being shut y'day, but then nipped to MrT for one thing and spent £20.84! oops. Oh well I had intended to buy a leg of lamb as its reduced to £4/kg so that was almost £10 and can remove £5.75 as it was a b'day pressie for a friend. A few more bits bought were not needed yet but good to get them while on offer and we'll use at some point in April. So, £43.27 to add. Actually thats pretty bad considering we did top-ups earlier in the weekend too, booooo.

I unexpectedly received the £5 off Mr Ts voucher as wasn't expecting to spend anywhere near £20 to receive one. Luckily it has a long date so planning a minimal spend next week and then maybe stock up the week after. Mr T isn't my usual supermarket so any ideas for good value non-perishables people like to get from there please let me know!!
  • mummyyof5
    mummyyof5 Posts: 1,839 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I love the 28p Tomato sauce..the cheap pasta and rice is pretty good too.

I have to shop at MrTs when OH is away as its the only supermarket in our local town.
    Feeding 6 Adults 1 Teen a 8 year old with hollow legs and a very fussy 5 year old. Also 3 cats and 3 fishies
    To include all Food,Toiletries and Petfood.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure