We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

credit card stopped charging interest

I have a tesco credit card which I have had for years, I am not in arrrears with it, sometimes pay the minimum amount sometimes more. I have just realiased that since January they have stopped charging me interest and I am not sure why, i did have a repayment plan a couple of years back with it for a few months but once i got back on track i t went back to normal payments. Can anyone shed any light on why the interest is no longer being added on. Thanks

Comments

  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,383 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    You'll need to phone them and ask.
  • bengalknights
    bengalknights Posts: 5,022 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    Phone and askl it could be they have sent a interest freeze notification that you havent received or they could just have forgot
  • happy_bunny_2
    happy_bunny_2 Posts: 4,488 Forumite
    Best phone and ask, or better still write to them.

    Is the card still active (can you use it)?
    :beer:
  • _Andy_
    _Andy_ Posts: 11,150 Forumite
    tangled1 wrote: »
    I have a tesco credit card which I have had for years, I am not in arrrears with it, sometimes pay the minimum amount sometimes more. I have just realiased that since January they have stopped charging me interest and I am not sure why, i did have a repayment plan a couple of years back with it for a few months but once i got back on track i t went back to normal payments. Can anyone shed any light on why the interest is no longer being added on. Thanks

    Ring them and ask
  • The_Boss
    The_Boss Posts: 5,890 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    Since nobody else has suggested it, you should ring them and ask.
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.