PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O/S Daily Wednesday 20th March

Options

Comments

• redruby
    redruby Posts: 7,317 Forumite
    edited 20 March 2013 at 9:24AM
    Options
    halight wrote: »
    Bad back ??

Too much Hestering i Think :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

=====

Sorry I had to get that one in:D

Take care of it, Back pain is never good. And you never know how much worse you are making it,

But keep active and moving. That's what they now say is best for a bad back.

Deep heat's good, Its a cure all In my book!

:rotfl:I think a bit of Hestering is off the menu, for today at least, think I might get stuck if I tried that, imaging explaining that if you had to call someone out :D
  • System
    System Posts: 178,102 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Morning all,

I was up pretty early this morning and didnt want to go back to bed so i pottered round the house finding bits to do that didnt wake 'youngest' or the 'girls' up. 'Youngest' has gone to college now so i can make as much noise as i want though the girls arent up yet.

Usual Wednesday type jobs today which include fighting with the vacuum cleaner and the mop.

Tea will be gammon again. It was a hit last week so i need to find a million different ways of serving gammon steaks. I'm not that keen on gammon myself but its reasonably priced and its a hit with the family so i'll go with the flow (at least i wont be tempted to overeat).

Mother in laws memorial plaque thingy has been moved to another part of the house as it was staring at me as i went in the kitchen *shudder*.

Found a bit more laundry. Where does it come from i ask myself?

A quick question. How do you keep your fresh flowers looking fresh for longer? My Mothers day flowers are dying a death. Its probably too late now but i'm thinking for future reference.

Have a good day all,
  • nlj1520
    nlj1520 Posts: 619 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all, feeling a bit 'Bleurgh' today. Son has to have a general anaesthetic sometime soon so dentist can look at his teeth. no one has had a good look in years (he won't let them) so I agree it needs doing, but am worried sick. Mainly because I have heard so many horror stories of people like my son becoming challenging in hospital due to the anxiety it causes them and ending up sectioned. So we need to do a lot of preparatory work with him and the ward. I am terrified, was told by dentist that ward won't allow him home until ward are happy that he is eating and his water works are working. He is likely to want to go home as soon as he wakes up. Obviously we'll take lots of his favourite drink and food, but still, it's very scary. I must look into the 'rules' around self-discharge. If he walks off the ward, have they any power to bring him back? I suspect they do because he 'lacks capacity'. that said the law allows him to make 'unwise decisions'. i could always discharge him if I am happy that it causes him more trauma to stay on the ward than the medical risk. We can always take him back if things look worrying. Can you tell this is running round and round in my head????? Sorry for going on.
    I am due at the doctors this morning to confess that I stopped taking my blood pressure tablets. Also hope to get her to check whether I do have an ear infection or whether it's just sore because of the cold I've had. ditto sinuses and throat.
    Then it's off to work. Big project I have been doing is more or less finished, have a couple of little projects today, tomorrow and friday.
    Sorry to whinge, hope everyone else is ok and let's all wish for spring to arrive SOON!
    Hugs
    'Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.' T S Eliot
  • halight
    halight Posts: 3,629 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    New chicks coming today.:j:j

Last week at the girls school they were hatching Chicken egg's. One of the teachers who know's that I keep chickens ask if we would be willing to tack some once they were two weeks old. The kids were going to watch them grown from egg to two weeks old.

They also asked if we would take some of the !!!!'s well no, Not really.
    I put them In contact with the small holding were I have had my other chickens from, I know that she dose do re homing of Hens and !!!!'s. and other animals. the small Holding is run to make money, but she dose to her bit for re homing unwonted animals.
    there are four !!!!'s and 6 Hen's, They started off with 11 eggs but one did not hatch,
    I'm not sure how many hens we will be getting. there is another family that have said they will take 2-3 hens. That leave 3-4 hens left depending on what they take. I don't mind My Chicken house and Run are far bigger than I need at the moment. I have 5 hens at the moment and the House could take another 5-6 hens.
    I also have an extra coop and house. this is were the chicks will go first when they go outside. They will go In this pen right next to the large Runs and house so all hen can see each other and get use to each other. When the little one's are bigger enough they will then go into the large Run and House.

But for now they still need to be kept under heat. So they will live In the house In Chick brooder that I have.

these chicks should have been coming to us next week. But my wife took the girls to school this morning to be told that they can come today. They are only just over a week old. They should have been keeping them for two weeks to learn about them.

So I have the brooder to set up today, Before the end of school. Need to go and buy them some Chick crumb for them to eat too.

:j:j
    :jYou can have everything you wont in lfe, If you only help enough other people to get what they wont.:j
  • halight
    halight Posts: 3,629 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    redruby wrote: »
    :rotfl:I think a bit of Hestering is off the menu, for today at least, think I might get stuck if I tried that, imaging explaining that if you had to call someone out :D

The 999 service's see assorts!

I think they are use to it now.

But I bet the new starters have quite a few shocks until they get use to it.
    :jYou can have everything you wont in lfe, If you only help enough other people to get what they wont.:j
  • lucylollipop
    Options
    Morning all

Bit of a surprise last night, went to move Monday's leftovers from the fridge, downstairs to the freezer, to find my freezer pretty much full! Had a bit of a rearrange, I have enough tubs of leftovers to feed me for the next 13 days without touching anything else in the house apart from pasta/rice/potatoes to go with them! I've "adjusted" (thrown out) the menu plan for this week and will munch my way through some leftovers this week, had one tub last night and got some out for tonight, and will do the same for tomorrow and Friday. Friday will be dinner at lunch time and a snack in the evening anyway as I'll be driving, so I'll take my leftovers tub to work and reheat in the microwave. It was a good surprise, but a little frustrating, I like to have space for bargain shopping when I go ;)

Got completely sidetracked last night by the sewing instead of the cleaning, so that will have to become tonight's job instead... Off to see the school play tomorrow night so need to get everything done this evening, as I won't be here from Friday morning until Sunday night (going away straight from work). Was going to go to a knit/natter session this evening, but really should get the tidying done...

If anyone spots the housework fairy, send her my way please!

Have a lovely day everyone,
    Lucy x
    *2016 - the year of the savings account!*

GC: Jan (£300/£179.76) 8 NSD
    Diet: 60lbs this year - so far: 0.5
  • jools27_2
    jools27_2 Posts: 1,155 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Afternoon all!
    Late day here, have just dispatched DS to his CBT appointment. WM has done its thing, but its flipping freezing and not much of a breeze so the washing is on the airer. Not sure what to make for dinner, maybe sausage casserole or toad in the hole, mmmmm!
    Today is my big brother's 50th birthday, shame he's not here in time to celebrate, but hopefully he will be home for easter and we will share a tipple!
    Off to see mum, and no doubt take her shopping, must get to the bank to deposit OH's tax rebate cheque too!
    RIP Iain
    13/11/63-22/12/12
  • Julie67
    Julie67 Posts: 2,362 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Good Afternoon all,

Feeling much more my old self today. The tooth is still sore but think that's because it's been drilled and cleaned and dressed. Have to go back for my proper filling once its settled.
    Can I just say we've given up Hestering :o this week. With my sore leg that I have to lift up and down manually, my bad back and sore mouth and sinuses, can you imagine:rotfl: :p RR hope your back is better, Ibrufen Gel is the only thing working for my knee just now.
    Halight I was a chicken lady when we lived in Australia, I used to run the same programme. Is it called living eggs? Good luck with your new babies:D🐣
    Mum and dad for tea tonight. They are treating us to fish and chips and I've made a cream cake for afters. Not healthy at all but you have to treat sometimes, its been such a rubbish health wise I am fancying comfort food.
    Got my youngest off today. He's really hot and listless. I suspect its my cold. Luckily he only has half a day on Wednesday at 6th form. I've dosed him up, fingers crossed he is better tomorrow.
    Happy Fiftieth to your Brother Jools:beer:
    NlJ have a hug Hun it must be tough. Dentists are not my favourite people just now!
    Judi I find a bit of bicarbonate works wonders with flowers even when they are on the way out🌺
    Tenyearsago, enjoy the show, sorry of I've missed anyone. Have a good day, roll on spring💐🐣🌞☀
    Started Self Managed DMP 10th May 2017.
    Working hard to get rid of our debt.
  • Butterfly_Brain
    Options
    Afternoon all
    Didn't manage to post yesterday but I did read up on everyone.
    Cold, foggy and generally yucky here today. You wouldn't believe that it is the first day of Spring tomorrow:eek:
    Not much doing here at the moment, I have not been feeling to great, and really tired for the last couple of days, so I am taking it easy today, I have the diabetic clinic tomorrow so I will ask the nurse about it.

Oh well off to put the casserole in the oven for tonight
    BFN x
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones that let in the light
    C.R.A.P R.O.L.L.Z. Member #35 Butterfly Brain + OH - Foraging Fixers
    Not Buying it 2015!
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,235 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    halight wrote: »
    Bad back ??

Too much Hestering i Think :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

=====

Sorry I had to get that one in:D
    That could've been phrased better!!:eek::eek::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

OMG I am cream crackered!! Mr LW is on leave today, for Ostara (spring equinox), and we've just come back from a visit to Bletchley Park (one-year ticket expires next month, so Mr LW wanted to squeeze one more visit out of it). It's very interesting, and you always learn something new - we spent an age looking at the Colossus machine - but s-o-o-o tiring, even with the wheelchair.

Anyways, I have a bit of updating of the accounts spreadsheets to do (we got a few bits in Mr T's this morning, and Mr LW visited the cashpoint) so I'm going to do that next.;)

Ostara Blessings, one and all.:o
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure