Farmfoods, more bargains.

Options

Comments

• TravellingAbuela
    Options
    Has anyone tried the Crimp and Pring quiches from the chiller cabinet? They are delicious and by far the best shop bought quiches I have tried. I hope they are going to be a regular stock item. I went back for some more for the freezer whilst they have them! Good dates on them too. £1.50 each so cheaper (and nicer) than M & S ones.
    "If you dream alone it will remain just a dream. But if we all dream together it will become reality"
  • Gigervamp
    Gigervamp Posts: 6,583 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Has anyone tried the Crimp and Pring quiches from the chiller cabinet? They are delicious and by far the best shop bought quiches I have tried. I hope they are going to be a regular stock item. I went back for some more for the freezer whilst they have them! Good dates on them too. £1.50 each so cheaper (and nicer) than M & S ones.

Are the eggs used free range?
  • robin58
    robin58 Posts: 2,802 Forumite
    Options
    maman wrote: »
    Leaflet came today. I notice that their frozen peas are 50p for a 750g bag (so less than 68p per kg). That's good value and the peas are good too. I'll see what room I have in the freezer to stock up a bit.
    I saw this leaflet too.

Saw sticker on window of store.

Could I find them anywhere in store... NO.
    The more I live, the more I learn.
    The more I learn, the more I grow.
    The more I grow, the more I see.
    The more I see, the more I know.
    The more I know, the more I see,
    How little I know.!! ;)
  • System
    System Posts: 178,097 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Does anyone know the size + price of the large bottle of fairy liquid ? B & M are doing one which is 2.5ltr for £2.99.
  • peewhyeff
    peewhyeff Posts: 1,190 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Heinz tomato soup, pack of 4 x 400g cans for £2.00.
    Aunt Bessie's chunky croquettes 550g bags are BOGOF, so 2 bags for £1.00.
  • no1catman
    no1catman Posts: 2,972 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Anyone been in there recently and seen what price there are selling Weetabix 72s - is it still £3.95?
    Last time I went - out of stock, and I've nearly finished the two boxes I bought in July, moreover Morrisons have sold out of the 48s with 50% extra!
    I used to work for Tesco - now retired - speciality Clubcard
  • peewhyeff
    peewhyeff Posts: 1,190 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Mcvities breakfast bakes....fruit+oat.....are now 4 packets for £1. Each packet has 5 pks of 2 slices in....so 20 pks for breakfast on the move, or lunchboxes.

Also cadbury mini rolls are around again.....2 x 5 pks for £1.

Does anyone still have the frozen smoked haddock fishcakes in their store. Haven't been able to find any local to me for months now.....they are the only fishcakes we eat.
  • no1catman
    Options
    peewhyeff wrote: »
    Also cadbury mini rolls are around again.....2 x 5 pks for £1.

Something to avoid - in Morrisons large pack of 10 is a £1.00 but you an extra 4 free!
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,620 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Generally when I get a leaflet for Farmfoods or read on here, most of the offers are on junk that I wouldn't want to eat.

Yesterday I went into Farmfoods specifically to buy some frozen veg and was pleasantly surprised.

I bought various fruit and veg (cauli, peppers, mushrooms) and dates were excellent value at 3 packets for £1. Then frozen peas, leeks and sliced peppers at 3 for £2. Plus I got milk and rindless, smoked bacon at a good price.

I'll be back next week for toilet rolls and kitchen roll and see what else they have worth buying.:)
  • no1catman
    Options
    With the leaflets I get are coupons off - e.g. spend £25.00 2.50 off, £50.00 £5.00 off etc.

I got 4 x 2ltrs milk = £3.00, sugar @ 39p, Colgate toothpaste 2 for £1.00, 1 kg Shreadies £2.50, Dreamies £1.00 and more.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure