Facebook

Options

Comments

• BlueBella
    BlueBella Posts: 10,371 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Daphne01 wrote: »
    I had to post........I am totally shocked at how many MSE'rs are still entering L & S facebook comps, hasn't anyone learned anything from this last week :eek:

Over here we are trying to inform companies and people posting comps on Fb that like and share is against the rules and inform them how to run app comps for free that do conform to the rules. If everyone did the same it would make a much bigger impact. We are having some great results too. Come on guys, we don't want the same thing to happen it causes too much stress for a start :rotfl:;)

Well said - because if the cull happens again - it will be the mse users who have continued to L&S who will be moaning that they have been banned or had their accounts disabled yet again! I have informed dozens of companies, along with several other mse members - we need more help though!
    :TA big thanks to all who post and sprinkling lucky dust to all who enter :smileyhea
  • Marg2k8
    Marg2k8 Posts: 5,838 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Daphne01 wrote: »
    I had to post........I am totally shocked at how many MSE'rs are still entering L & S facebook comps, hasn't anyone learned anything from this last week :eek:

Over here we are trying to inform companies and people posting comps on Fb that like and share is against the rules and inform them how to run app comps for free that do conform to the rules. If everyone did the same it would make a much bigger impact. We are having some great results too. Come on guys, we don't want the same thing to happen it causes too much stress for a start :rotfl:;)

They are still being posted on here and I don't suppose some people would take too kindly to threads being bumped each time it happens to say please don't post like and share competitions on here, because it is against facebook rules.

What you could do, if you chose to do so is to change your signatures on here to say something like "Please don't post facebook like and share competitions as they break facebook rules." or "Say no to like and share comps club member number 1" or something. That way, if enough people did it, perhaps those that do not normally visit compers corner would take notice.
  • BlueBella
    Options
    Marg2k8 wrote: »
    They are still being posted on here and I don't suppose some people would take too kindly to threads being bumped each time it happens to say please don't post like and share competitions on here, because it is against facebook rules.

What you could do, if you chose to do so is to change your signatures on here to say something like "Please don't post facebook like and share competitions as they break facebook rules." or "Say no to like and share comps club member number 1" or something. That way, if enough people did it, perhaps those that do not normally visit compers corner would take notice.

see my sig!
    :TA big thanks to all who post and sprinkling lucky dust to all who enter :smileyhea
  • Zanzib
    Zanzib Posts: 5,375 Forumite
    Options
    I wasn't aware of the L&S rule until this past week and have now stopped entering like and share competitions.
  • katbull
    katbull Posts: 278 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Ive just tried to get into my facebook account, and got this message,
    FOR SECURITY REASONS YOUR ACCOUNT IS TEMPORARILY LOCKED.
    Ive got through the captcha's but unable to identify the photo's, and am unable to send ID, do you think it might just come back on at some point.
  • BlueBella
    Options
    katbull wrote: »
    Ive just tried to get into my facebook account, and got this message,
    FOR SECURITY REASONS YOUR ACCOUNT IS TEMPORARILY LOCKED.
    Ive got through the captcha's but unable to identify the photo's, and am unable to send ID, do you think it might just come back on at some point.

did that just happen today or have you been locked out all week?
  • boingsaidzebedee
    Options
    Currently have 4 friends blued out on my friends list.
    Can see their timelines but no activity.
  • katbull
    katbull Posts: 278 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    BlueBella wrote: »
    did that just happen today or have you been locked out all week?

Just this afternoon, i was on this morning and everything seemed ok. x
  • BlueBella
    Options
    On no - could mean FB are on the cull again! Is there anyway we can help with identifying photos?
  • Enigmatic_Me
    Enigmatic_Me Posts: 1,619 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I won, I won, I won!
    Options
    Totally with Daphne in her post above. Two of my FB friends who are prolific Like & Sharers were both banned last week but are both now back and my wall is completely spammed with Likes and Shares. I honestly cannot understand this? It is just plain crazy. Then you wonder why there is a big part of you that is actually glad that FB went down this route!
    The best things in life are free.....
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport