IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

POPLA Decisions

Options

Comments

• The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    Options
    I can very well see why they are doing this, they are on a hiding to nothing if the appeal even hints at losses.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • michaelalou
    Options
    Hello everyone. It would appear there seems to be a pattern emerging with ppc's not bothering. I'd like to say a HUGE thank you to all the regulars who contribute to this forum, I was so upset the day I got my "pcn" and everyone has been so helpful, contributing their own time to helping people like me who didn't have a clue. THANK YOU!! :T :beer:

The Operator issued parking charge notice number ??? arising out of a presence on private land, of a vehicle with registration mark ???
    The Appellant appealed against liability for the parking charge. The Assessor has considered the evidence of both parties and has
    determined that the appeal be allowed.

The Assessor’s reasons are as set out.

The Operator should now cancel the parking charge notice forthwith.
    Reasons for the Assessor’s Determination
    It is the Appellant’s case that the parking charge notice was issued incorrectly.
    The Operator has not produced a copy of the parking charge notice, nor any evidence to show a breach of the conditions of parking occurred, nor any evidence that shows what the conditions of parking, in fact, were.

Accordingly I have no option but to allow the appeal.

Shehla Pirwany
    Assessor
  • michaelalou
    Options
    Oops, should have stated that it was Excel.
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    Options
    If they cancel all viable appeals, and only fight those they think they can win they will shortly be boasting of a 100% success rate.r
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • Stroma
    Stroma Posts: 7,971 Forumite
    Uniform Washer
    Options
    If they are doing this as an industry, then they shouldn't have access to popla, no access means they shouldn't be able to have keeper liability either. And by extension no RK access as they are not using the service as it should be
    When posting a parking issue on MSE do not reveal any information that may enable PPCs to identify you. They DO monitor the forum.
    We don't need the following to help you.
    Name, Address, PCN Number, Exact Date Of Incident, Date On Invoice, Reg Number, Vehicle Picture, The Time You Entered & Left Car Park, Or The Amount of Time You Overstayed.
    :beer: Anti Enforcement Hobbyist Member :beer:
  • nathorpe
    Options
    Took their time, but I finally got my reply from POPLA, and the appeal was allowed! It seems NTC couldn't even be bothered to argue.
    Massive thanks to everyone who helped put this forum together - so much useful information just waiting to be used.
    Appellant
    -v-
    Norwich Traffic Control Limited (Operator)

The Operator issued parking charge notice number XXXXX arising out of a presence on private land, of a vehicle with registration mark XXXXXXX.
    The Appellant appealed against liability for the parking charge. The Assessor has considered the evidence of both parties and has
    determined that the appeal be allowed.

It is the Appellant’s case that the parking charge notice was issued incorrectly.
    The Operator has not produced a copy of the parking charge notice, nor any evidence to show a breach of the conditions of parking occurred, nor any evidence that shows what the conditions of parking, in fact, were.
    Shehla Pirwany
    Assessor
  • hollie.weimeraner
    Options
    Thanks to all who assisted me in this appeal which has just been found in my sons favour on GPEOL

"
    (Appellant)
    -v-
    UKCPS Limited (Operator)

On 30 October 2013, a parking charge notice was applied to a vehicle with
    registration mark XXXXXXX for parking without displaying a valid permit or
    authority.
    The Operator’s case is that the terms and conditions for parking in the car
    park are clearly displayed on numerous signage situated throughout the site.
    The signage says: “Valid permits must be clearly displayed in the windscreen
    at all times.” The Operator states that no valid permit was on display in the
    windscreen of the vehicle on the day of charge. They have also enclosed a
    copy of the parking charge notice, a genuine pre-estimate of cost statement,
    and images of the site.
    The Appellant has made a number of submissions, however, I will only
    elaborate on the one submission that I am allowing this appeal on, namely
    that the parking charge amount is not a genuine pre-estimate of loss.
    The Operator rejected the Appellant’s representations, as set out in the
    correspondence they sent because, they state that a breach of the car park
    conditions had occurred by parking with displaying a valid permit or
    authority. They state that they incur various costs including wages,
    maintenance and area manager costs among other costs and they provided
    a list of costs with the appeal.
    I find that the Operator has sought to justify the parking charge amount as
    being a genuine pre-estimate of loss. I note that some heads submitted in this
    present case may fall within a genuine pre-estimate of loss, nevertheless, I find
    that some of them do not. In short, the damages sought on this particular
    occasion do not substantially amount to a genuine pre-estimate of loss.
    Accordingly, this appeal must be allowed.
    Aurela Qerimi"
  • da_rule
    da_rule Posts: 3,618 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    edited 28 February 2014 at 3:25PM
    Options
    Just had my appeal allowed (against Parking Eye) on the grounds that the PCN was issued incorrectly. Parking Eye submitted no evidence.

XXX (Appellant)

-v-

ParkingEye Ltd (Operator)

The Operator issued parking charge notice number XXXXX arising out of a presence on private land, of a vehicle with registration mark XX57XXX.

The Appellant appealed against liability for the parking charge.

The Assessor has considered the evidence of both parties and has determined that the appeal be allowed.

Shehla Pirwany

Assessor

• Stroma
    Uniform Washer
    Options
    Yet another win and no show
    Pipboy wrote: »
    Sorry for the necrobump but good news! My POPLA appeal came in today.

The Operator issued parking charge notice number XXXXXXXX arising out of a presence on private land, of a vehicle with registration mark

XXXXXXXX

The Appellant appealed against liability for the parking charge.
    The Assessor has considered the evidence of both parties and has determined that the appeal be allowed.

I'd like to thank you all so so much for all of your help. You're great people!
    When posting a parking issue on MSE do not reveal any information that may enable PPCs to identify you. They DO monitor the forum.
    Name, Address, PCN Number, Exact Date Of Incident, Date On Invoice, Reg Number, Vehicle Picture, The Time You Entered & Left Car Park, Or The Amount of Time You Overstayed.
  • Stroma
    Uniform Washer
    Options
    Aaron

Are you collating the no ppc evidence lark on your OP of this thread?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure