IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

POPLA Decisions

Options

Comments

• Stroma
    Stroma Posts: 7,971 Forumite
    Uniform Washer
    Options
    Another win , and another no show
    (Appellant) -v- New Generation Parking Management Ltd (Operator) The Operator issued parking charge notice number ........ arising out of a presence on private land, of a vehicle with registration mark ..........The Appellant appealed against liability for the parking charge. The Assessor has considered the evidence of both parties and has determined that the appeal be allowed. The Assessor’s reasons are as set out. The Operator should now cancel the parking charge notice forthwith.
    Reasons for the Assessor’s Determination
    It is the Appellant’s case that the parking charge notice was issued incorrectly.
    The Operator has not produced a copy of the parking charge notice, nor any evidence to show a breach of the conditions of parking occurred, nor any evidence that shows what the conditions of parking, in fact, were.
    Accordingly I have no option but to allow the appeal.
    Shehla Pirwany
    Assessor:T:T:T:T

Thanks all on this post for your valuable assistance.
    When posting a parking issue on MSE do not reveal any information that may enable PPCs to identify you. They DO monitor the forum.
    We don't need the following to help you.
    Name, Address, PCN Number, Exact Date Of Incident, Date On Invoice, Reg Number, Vehicle Picture, The Time You Entered & Left Car Park, Or The Amount of Time You Overstayed.
    :beer: Anti Enforcement Hobbyist Member :beer:
  • tospig
    tospig Posts: 152 Forumite
    Options
    Another win for me against UKPC (using GPEOL), they tried to submit some costs but POPLA are old-hands at this game now:
    It is the Operator’s case that the Appellant’s vehicle was not parked correctly
    within the markings of a bay or space and this was a breach of the terms and
    conditions of parking as set out on signage at the site.

The Appellant has made a number of submissions, however, I will only
    elaborate on the one submission that I am allowing this appeal on, namely
    that the parking charge amount is not a genuine pre-estimate of loss.

As the Appellant has raised the issue of the charge not being a genuine preestimate
    of loss, the onus is on the Operator to prove that it is. The Operator
    has produced a list of things that they have to pay for in relation to the
    management of the car park, however, they have not produced a
    breakdown of the costs due to confidentiality and therefore they have not
    addressed the loss that was caused by the Appellant’s breach of the terms
    and conditions of parking.

I have looked at all of the evidence and have decided to allow this appeal
    on the basis that the Operator has failed to prove that the parking charge
    amount was a genuine pre-estimate of loss.
    Accordingly, this appeal must be allowed.
  • Gliderpilot
    Options
    Hi all,

Appeal against PE allowed!!!!!!!!! Another one that they didn't both to respond by the sounds of it.

Thank you to all on this site for their advice.

Reasons for the Assessor’s Determination

It is the Appellant’s case that the parking charge notice was issued incorrectly.

The Operator has not produced a copy of the parking charge notice, nor any evidence to show a breach of the conditions of parking occurred, nor any evidence that shows what the conditions of parking, in fact, were.

Accordingly I have no option but to allow the appeal.

• highfields01
    Options
    Having rejected my appeal and issued a POPLA code , VCS didn't even bother to produce any evidence

Many thanks to all who contributed info in this forum for helping me with this.

My grounds for appeal were punitive charge,unclear photo of number plate during the 14 second timing of the alleged stop, operator needed to prove they have the authority to issue parking charge/relevant land stuff

Appeal result

The Operatorissued parking charge notice number xxxxxxx arising

out of apresence on private land, of a vehicle with registration mark

xxxxxx.

The Appellantappealed against liability for the parking charge.

The Assessor hasconsidered the evidence of both parties and has

determined thatthe appeal be allowed.

The Assessor’sreasons are as set out.

T

he Operatorshould now cancel the parking charge notice forthwith.

26 February 2014

Reasons

Reasons for theAssessor’s Determination

It is the Appellant’s case that theparking charge notice was issued

incorrectly.

The Operator has not produced a copyof the parking charge notice, nor any

evidence to show a breach of theconditions of parking occurred, nor any

evidence that shows what theconditions of parking, in fact, were.

Accordingly Ihave no option but to allow the appeal.
  • Parking-Prankster
    Options
    Euro Car Parks join the flake-out club. they seemed so confident in their rejection letter, but had a change of heart it seems...

The Operator has informed us that they have cancelled parking charge notice number xxxxx, issued in respect of a vehicle with the registration mark xxxxxx .

Your appeal has therefore been allowed by order of the Lead Adjudicator.

You are not liable for the parking charge and, where appropriate, any amounts already paid in respect of this parking charge notice will be refunded by the Operator.

Yours sincerely,
    Hi, we’ve approved your signature. It's awesome. Please email the forum team if you want more praise - MSE ForumTeam
  • trubster
    trubster Posts: 1,116 Forumite
    Options
    Euro Car Parks join the flake-out club. they seemed so confident in their rejection letter, but had a change of heart it seems...

The Operator has informed us that they have cancelled parking charge notice number xxxxx, issued in respect of a vehicle with the registration mark xxxxxx .

You are not liable for the parking charge and, where appropriate, any amounts already paid in respect of this parking charge notice will be refunded by the Operator.

Yours sincerely,

Very interesting PP, Euro seem to think they will win the case against me, and made a very long winded response to my allegedly "Vexatious" appeal :D
    We’ve had to remove your signature because your opinion differs from ours. Please check the Forum Rules if you’re unsure why you can not have your own opinion on here and, if still unsure, email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
  • Stroma
    Stroma Posts: 7,971 Forumite
    Uniform Washer
    Options
    Prankster are you keeping note of the no shows by the companies? think its important
    When posting a parking issue on MSE do not reveal any information that may enable PPCs to identify you. They DO monitor the forum.
    We don't need the following to help you.
    Name, Address, PCN Number, Exact Date Of Incident, Date On Invoice, Reg Number, Vehicle Picture, The Time You Entered & Left Car Park, Or The Amount of Time You Overstayed.
    :beer: Anti Enforcement Hobbyist Member :beer:
  • Laughingbear
    Options
    Stroma. Keep the faith. Don't be put off by their b/s tactics.
    The Laughingbear
  • Computersaysno
    Options
    Can we somehow leverage their no shows at POPLA into an argument wrt court cases??
  • Bob_Morton
    Options
    EuroCarParks also failed to make an appearance for my appeal. Wording below:

Reference
    always quote in any communication with POPLA
    Dear Sir or Madam
    -v-
    Euro Car Parks Limited (Operator)
    The Operator has informed us that they have cancelled parking charge notice number xxxxxxxxxxx, issued in respect of a vehicle with the registration mark xxxxxxx .
    Yours sincerely,
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure