IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

POPLA Decisions

Options

Comments

• bazster
    bazster Posts: 7,436 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    What are you on about??

I think that Dee is saying it's good to see an appeal granted on something other than no GPEOL or PSDSU.
    Je suis Charlie.
  • Dee140157
    Dee140157 Posts: 2,864 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    That made me laugh!
    But I will be kind and explain
    The two main reasons for success are:
    1) it was not a genuine pre estimate of loss
    2) Parking S... Didn't Show Up

This appeal was granted for a different reason, I.e. The parking operator did not produce a copy of the contract between them and the landowner to show that they have the authority to issue PCNs.

HTH
    Newbie thread: go to the top of this page and find these words: Main site > MoneySavingExpert.com Forums > Household & Travel > Motoring > Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking. Click on words Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking. Newbie thread is the first post. Blue New Thread button is just above it to left.
  • Guys_Dad
    Guys_Dad Posts: 11,025 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Post #1200 on this thread
    1 GPEOL and 1 PSDSU...nice result.

Short term memory problems, maybe??
  • smiffy88
    smiffy88 Posts: 11 Forumite
    Options
    25 July 2014

......(Appellant)
    -v-
    ParkingEye Ltd (Operator)

The Operator issued parking charge notice number.........
    arising out of a presence on private land, of a vehicle with registration
    mark.......

The Appellant appealed against liability for the parking charge.

The Assessor has considered the evidence of both parties and has
    determined that the appeal be allowed.

The Assessor’s reasons are as set out.

The Operator should now cancel the parking charge notice forthwith.

Parking on Private Land Appeals is administered by the Transport and Environment Committee of London Councils
    Calls to Parking on Private Land Appeals may be recorded

Reasons for the Assessor’s Determination
    It is the Appellant’s case that the parking charge notice was issued
    incorrectly.

The Operator has not produced a copy of the parking charge notice, nor any
    evidence to show a breach of the conditions of parking occurred, nor any
    evidence that shows what the conditions of parking, in fact, were.

Accordingly I have no option but to allow the appeal.

Shehla Pirwany
    Assessor

Many thanks Peeps for your help!!
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,410 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    The Assessor has considered the evidence of both parties and has
    determined that the appeal be allowed.

Here we go again - the evidence of both parties considered, when PSDSU. How does that work? :cool:
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • ModelTenant
    ModelTenant Posts: 25 Forumite
    Options
    Another victory with Popla, once again it was not a genuine pre estimate of loss. These cowboys really have some nerve.
  • GrubbyGirl_2
    Options
    Got my email today to say the appeal has been allowed against UK Parking Patrol Office. This is what I got

The Operator issued parking charge notice number XXXXX arising out of the presence at Pitney Bowes, on 15 May 2014, of a vehicle with registration mark XXXXXXX.

The Assessor has considered the evidence of both parties and has determined that the appeal be allowed.

The Operator issued parking charge notice number XXXXX arising out of the presence at Pitney Bowes, on 15 May 2014, of a vehicle with registration mark XXXXXXXX for parking without clearly displaying a valid permit.

It is the Operator’s case that the Appellant’s vehicle was parked without clearly displaying a valid permit and this was a breach of the terms and conditions of parking as set out on signage at the site.

The Appellant has made a number of submissions, however, I will only elaborate on the one submission that I am allowing this appeal on, namely that the parking charge amount is not a genuine pre-estimate of loss.

As the Appellant has raised the issue of the charge not being a genuine pre-estimate of loss, the onus is on the Operator to prove that it is. The Operator has not addressed the loss that was caused by the Appellant’s breach of the terms and conditions of parking.

I have looked at all of the evidence and have decided to allow this appeal on the basis that the Operator has failed to prove that the parking charge amount is a genuine pre-estimate of loss.

Accordingly, this appeal must be allowed.
  • jamie9090
    jamie9090 Posts: 24 Forumite
    Options
    Success vs ParkingEye...

Decision:Allowed

Assessor:Christopher Adamson

The Assessor has considered the evidence of both parties and has determined that the appeal be allowed.

It is the Appellant’s case that the parking charge notice was issued incorrectly.

The Operator has not produced a copy of the parking charge notice, nor any evidence to show a breach of the conditions of parking occurred, nor any evidence that shows what the conditions of parking, in fact, were.

Accordingly I have no option but to allow the appeal.
  • Computersaysno
    Computersaysno Posts: 1,222 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Dee140157 wrote: »
    That made me laugh!
    But I will be kind and explain
    The two main reasons for success are:
    1) it was not a genuine pre estimate of loss
    2) Parking S... Didn't Show Up

This appeal was granted for a different reason, I.e. The parking operator did not produce a copy of the contract between them and the landowner to show that they have the authority to issue PCNs.

HTH

Confusion reigns!!!

I knew what they meant, I was trying to point out that 'The parking operator did not produce a copy of the contract' was actually PSDSU ie they didn't respond to the appeal.

Sorry about that.
  • Computersaysno
    Computersaysno Posts: 1,222 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I've been away for a while and it's interesting to see that there's nothing new in the world of PPC's.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback