Looking for the silver lining

Options

Comments

• Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,531 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Just finishing off the last dregs of wine left in fridge before time to turn in early. Taxi is coming at 04.30. Mr SA is already in bed and has announced he aches everywhere - just what you want to hear the night before you go on holiday! I can't believe how cold and drab it's been today. Can't really get in holiday mode when it's like this. Packed Mr SA's case for him but it was hard work as he was trying to pack tshirts with paint on them and his old trousers, still not convinced he hasn't sneaked anything unsuitable in. I am SO ready to put my feet up and relax for a week!
    I get knocked down but I get up again (Chumbawamba, Tubthumping)
  • Sun_Addict
    Options
    Good morning folks :)

We got back from Ibiza yesterday afternoon, we've had an amazing time and everything has been ok. Hotel was fabulous, the buffet had everything you could possibly want - I managed to get my healthy fix with the massive range of fruit, veg and salads. Mr SA was in his element with plenty of meat and chips. He was embarrassing one day though when he picked up a whole baguette, cut it in half and filled it with chips! The weather started off mixed, cloudy at times with a few spots of rain but still very warm. We had a storm with torrential rain Monday morning which cleared everything up and from lunchtime onwards the weather was hot, dry and sunny. We were staying close to Ibiza town so ate out there one night, also went to San Antonio on the Discobus which was quite an experience! We only managed to get to my favourite place, the Sunset Strip, once. Cafe Mambo was packed solid so we ended up in Cafe del Mar. The sunset experience there is amazing. Mr SA's mobility hasn't been very good and we couldn't get out and about as much as usual. Didn't get him a scooter this time as there wasn't really anywhere to scooter to and the buses there aren't accessible like ours here. Came back with half the spending money we took which is a first so will save this for our next holiday, fingers crossed Mr SA will keep well. His next check up is 4 January so we'll start looking for something shortly after that if we can get enough saved up.

Off to catch up with other diaries now - I'm sure lots has happened.
  • brizzledfw
    brizzledfw Posts: 7,302 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Brilliant!! So pleased you had a great time. Sounds awesome.

Yep..keep saving for something to keep the Feb blues at bay!!
    MFiT-T4 Member No. 96 - 2022 is my MF goal :D
    Winter 17/18 Savings Rate Goal: 25% [October 30%] :T
    Declutter 60 items before 31.03.18 9/60 ** LSDs Target 10 for March 03/10 **AFDs 10/15 ** Sales/TCB Target 2018 £25/£500 NSDs Target 10 for March 02/10 Trying to be a Frugalista:rotfl::T
  • Buffythedebtslayer
    Buffythedebtslayer Posts: 18,922 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 12 September 2015 at 10:56AM
    Options
    SO happy to read you had a good time SA, excellent :) and well done on the spending money!

:) XX
    Nevertheless she persisted.
  • *Robin*
    *Robin* Posts: 3,364 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Stoptober Survivor
    Options
    Excellent to read that you and MrSA had a great time; must admit I was a bit worried the weather would let you down - but you're right the rain does freshen everything up - and obviously the clouds cleared away quickly, giving you the best of 'end of summer' Spanish climate! :D
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,658 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Glad you hada happy time :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Sun_Addict
    Options
    Got the post holiday blues. Back to work tomorrow, not looking forward to it. Spent most of yesterday washing, ironing and cleaning. Mr SA slept most of the day, no help whatsoever. Daren't weigh myself yet, although I was good with my buffet choices I had plenty to drink.

Really got to get back on track now budget and diet wise.

Had a look at finances yesterday and they're ok, we'll survive until payday. Credit card bill is rather higher than I'd like but I've worked out a plan to clear it at the end of the month, we've got to start being more careful, we went a bit mad before we went on holiday, spending too much on the garden and holiday clothes.

Freezer is chockablock with food so the aim is to plan meals around what we've got in first.

Promised Mr SA we could go for a coffee today. Need to be firmer with him as he dictates everything we do if I don't put my foot down. I noticed this on holiday, we do what he wants to do. He's started trying to interfere with who I'm FB friends with and when an old friend of mine sent me a friend request he said don't start getting involved with her. I think he's worried someone might invite me on a night out and I might enjoy myself. If you can remember when he was in hospital all that time I was on my own a lot because he discouraged me having friends. Now I've built up quite a few friends I could meet up with if need be and I'm not going to let that go.

I told him he's become very selfish since he became ill and thinks the whole world has to revolve around him.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,658 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Yes you need your friends~~so very important.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Hugs SA, you sound fed up.

Friends are super important, stick to your guns Xx
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • amber03
    amber03 Posts: 1,238 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Options
    So glad you had a great time on hols, hopefully the blues wont last long. Most people I know that don't have kids or kids are older have gone on holiday as they don't have to worry about school hols. Not jealous in the slightest ( yeah right). I only have a few close friends and I know I can rely on them. May not see them all the time but they are there for me and i'm there if needed. Sometimes all you need is a chat and a coffee .xx
    :j Debtfree and and staying that way.:j3-6 month emergency fund, No.61 £140.00
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure