mothers day meal deal for 4 !!

There is a mothers day meal deal instore ...2 starters, 1 main, 2 sides and 1 dessert for £10 .....the starters were a bit naff so tried puttin 4xsides 1 main and 1 dessert through and it worked still £10:j gammon joint £5...parsnips £4...roast potatoes £4...green veg medley £3.60...cauli cheese£2.50...choc cheesecake £3.49 =£22.59 - mothers day deal disc-£12.59 = £10 to pay :j wonder if it would also work with replacing starters with desserts too??????

Comments

• s_glover
    s_glover Posts: 653 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    You don't mention which store this is in?
  • pipersky
    pipersky Posts: 954 Forumite
    Think this is at Tesco x
    Part time GCer, NSDer, Comper and (Bad)Flylady :o
    A big shot is just a little shot that kept shooting ...
  • HappyMJ
    HappyMJ Posts: 21,115 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Tesco....you didn's say Tesco.

Are these offers really good deals?

Hone Roast Parsnips 600g £4? ....aren't parsnips about £1 a kilo...add some honey, olive oil, butter, sesame seed and salt and you have the same thing for much less.

Roast Potatoes 900g £4? Again a potato is very cheap. Peel, boil, coat in flour, add oil and put in oven.
    :footie:
    :p Regular savers earn 6% interest (HSBC, First Direct, M&S) :p Loans cost 2.9% per year (Nationwide) = FREE money. :p
  • tylers_mum
    tylers_mum Posts: 147 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    HappyMJ wrote: »
    Tesco....you didn's say Tesco.

Are these offers really good deals?

Hone Roast Parsnips 600g £4? ....aren't parsnips about £1 a kilo...add some honey, olive oil, butter, sesame seed and salt and you have the same thing for much less.

Roast Potatoes 900g £4? Again a potato is very cheap. Peel, boil, coat in flour, add oil and put in oven.
    .....SORRY SHOOT ME ..TESCOS OF COURSE LOL !!! Think its an absolute bargain the meat is £5.00 so only paid £1 each for all the rest that come in oven trays ready to go strait into the oven and there the large trays enough for 4 defo going back for more !!:)
  • sebfrogs
    sebfrogs Posts: 42 Forumite
    Sept 07 : £50 worth of Irish Linen
    Nov 07 : Health tablet box ; 2 Pattons knitting & crochet books
    Dec 07 : Promod advent calendar but don't know what yet
  • HappyMJ
    HappyMJ Posts: 21,115 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    tylers_mum wrote: »
    .....SORRY SHOOT ME ..TESCOS OF COURSE LOL !!! Think its an absolute bargain the meat is £5.00 so only paid £1 each for all the rest that come in oven trays ready to go strait into the oven and there the large trays enough for 4 defo going back for more !!:)
    I must admit it does make an easy meal. No messing about.

The meat though...£5 for 640g...bit much isn't it....but that's just my opinion.

You could get an 800g gammon joint at Tesco for £3 (when you buy two).

The glaze is just honey, brown sugar, cornflour and vinegar.
    :footie:
    :p Regular savers earn 6% interest (HSBC, First Direct, M&S) :p Loans cost 2.9% per year (Nationwide) = FREE money. :p
  • maureen59
    maureen59 Posts: 246 Forumite
    Thanks Tylers Mum.:j
    Maureen
  • Jazzy_B
    Jazzy_B Posts: 1,810 Forumite
    Thanks for posting,but I like the look of the m and s one more :)
  • shoe*gal_2
    shoe*gal_2 Posts: 1,447 Forumite
    The M&S one isn't that much different from their dine in for two for a tenner really just the side is bigger. I think my wine worked out as being free and everything else came to 21p less than it usually would be. Seeing as I don't (actually can't) drink and Mr Shoe rarely bothers I end up donating it to the wine stall at one of our school fayres or give it away as it mounts up with the meal deals I always think are a bargain.
  • locarr
    locarr Posts: 8,298 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    tylers_mum wrote: »
    There is a mothers day meal deal instore ...2 starters, 1 main, 2 sides and 1 dessert for £10 .....the starters were a bit naff so tried puttin 4xsides 1 main and 1 dessert through and it worked still £10:j gammon joint £5...parsnips £4...roast potatoes £4...green veg medley £3.60...cauli cheese£2.50...choc cheesecake £3.49 =£22.59 - mothers day deal disc-£12.59 = £10 to pay :j wonder if it would also work with replacing starters with desserts too??????

this is interesting and may work with mains too, see here:D

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=2455399&highlight=finest+main+10

you could get 2 mains, a dessert and wine for a tenner!:cool:
    "He that lieth down with dogs shall rise up with fleas" Benjamin Franklin

bilge© copyright all rights reserved
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills