🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Lloyds TSB 21 months 0% card

Options
My husband was accepted for the Lloyds TSB platinum card a few weeks back at the current offer of 21 months at 0%. However, i've just been looking through the paperwork and the small print and it 0% for 13 months?

What should we do? Has anyone else got this card?
Mortgage - £105,500

Comments

• sfax
    sfax Posts: 1,154 Forumite
    Options
    My husband was accepted for the Lloyds TSB platinum card a few weeks back at the current offer of 21 months at 0%. However, i've just been looking through the paperwork and the small print and it 0% for 13 months?

What should we do? Has anyone else got this card?

This is probably because he didn't meet the lending criteria for 21 months at 0%. They are entitled to offer you a lesser period or a higher APR, and in turn, you are entitled to cancel and go elsewhere.
  • PrincessLou
    PrincessLou Posts: 503 Forumite
    Options
    But they didn't tell him this before he made his balance transfer and paid the transfer fee.
    Mortgage - £105,500
  • The_Boss
    The_Boss Posts: 5,850 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Probably did not meet criteria for the full term.13 months is still a long period of time.

If you really need longer I'd keep it and apply for the long term NatWest or MBNA 0% offers but keep the Lloyds card as a backup. Right now the Lloyds account and credit limit will not be showing on your credit report, giving an advantage now as opposed to waiting up to a month and then applying.
  • zerog
    zerog Posts: 2,478 Forumite
    Options
    But they didn't tell him this before he made his balance transfer and paid the transfer fee.

Are you sure? It's unlikely that they wouldn't say it somewhere, you are told before you apply that not everyone gets 21 months. If you can prove it then you can complain to them
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport