Credit card balance transfer

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Stoozing: Free Cash from Credit Cards
2 replies 1.3K views
michaelnetomichaelneto Forumite
1 Post
Hello

I have 2 Credit cards, one from OPUS and one from HBOS.I have 6k of debt on HBOS and 2k of debt on OPUS. Their APRs r really high with OPUS just deciding to hike it up even when i paid on time!! Anyway, I have automatically received a credit limit increase from HBOS to 10.9k. They have also given me a Balance transfer offer of 0% interest for 9 months.I plan to to transfer 2k from OPUS to HBOS for the offer.Afterwards I am gonna do a Credit card shuffle to get more out of the 0% offer. what I do is transfer 2k back to OPUS and then transfer it back to HBOS.I know I am gonna pay 6% transfer rate, 3% for each transfer but the question is will I be getting the 0% offer for 9 months if I do this?

Replies

• scott_lithgowsscott_lithgows Forumite
    1.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    Have OPUS offered you anything ever? They didnt care less when I closed my ex Citi card.I would look at other card providers rather than owe OPUS anything.

Try www.creation.co.uk They are qute helpful in offering cards for bt purposes

good luck
    I have a deep burning indifference
  • clairbear_3clairbear_3 Forumite
    198 Posts
    Thinking ahead..I have 2 cards ..M&S and Amex..which I was going to pay off but notice there are new cards offering very low BT fees(so will stooze) .I am considering Nationwide 'Select' and Lloyds .. any problems moving between these 4 cards?
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

A guide to council tax bands

Lower your band & save £1,000s

MSE Guides

Cinema MoneySaving tips & tricks

Including year's 2for1 movies for £1

MSE Deals