Begging request on ebay

Options

Comments

• notakid
    notakid Posts: 10,362 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 1 March 2013 at 9:42PM
    Options
    You should reply back with the following.

Dear ****

I would LOVE to give you this item but the truth is that I am only selling it to provide for my 14 disabled children. I would love to take them to the park but as I've only one leg I fall over when I let go of my very large pram.
    I would like to buy them some new play equipment so they can play in the garden, as what they have at the moment is dangerous. Hence the high number of disabilies my children suffer from and the reason I only have one leg.

If you can find it in your heart to pay the asking price it would be a great help but if you can't don't worry. And god bless you.
    But if ever I stray from the path I follow
    Take me down to the English Channel
    Throw me in where the water is shallow And then drag me on back to shore!
    'Cos love is free and life is cheap As long as I've got me a place to sleep
    Clothes on my back and some food to eat I can't ask for anything more
  • londonsurrey
    londonsurrey Posts: 2,444 Forumite
    Options
    notakid wrote: »

Dear ****

I would LOVE to give you this item but the truth is that I am only selling it to provide for my 14 disabled children. I would love to take them to the park but as I've only one leg I fall over when I let go of my very large pram.
    I would like to buy them some new play equipment so they can play in the garden, as what they have at the moment is dangerous. Hence the high number of disabilies my children suffer from and the reason I only have one leg.

If you can find it in your heart to pay the asking price it would be a great help but if you can't don't worry. And god bless you.

I love it. I so want to send it now, and to add a P.S. of "and have you got anything nice that I can have, cos I want it". :D
  • suki1001
    suki1001 Posts: 2,482 Forumite
    Options
    notakid wrote: »

Dear ****

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

You should set up a website and that contain standard letter to people who are trying to be scammed. can we have one for those who receive request of help from nigerian prince millionaires please.
    MSE Forum's favourite nutter :T
  • arbroath_lass
    arbroath_lass Posts: 1,607 Forumite
    Options
    Oh yes, the watchers! When I get a large accumulation of watchers on one item, I do sometimes wonder about their stories, why they're watching, what they're thinking and when it finally ends without a bid, WHY THEY DIDN'T RUDDY BID! Lol.:D

I've a tendency to watch items I can give you a few reasons if you really want them?

1. I quite fancy the item but don't (think I) have the money at the moment. So I'll go back to see how much it went for and kick myself.

2. I just forget! :eek:

3. I've got one to sell and want to know if it is worth listing.

4. I'm watching several and have won an earlier auction.

5. I'm just dreaming :rotfl:

I'm sure there are others :p
  • cootuk
    cootuk Posts: 878 Forumite
    Options
    I was once selling some used niche items and, as fate had it, the manufacturer of this niche item went bust and the price dropped as noone was really buying due to lack of spares.
    Someone bought a few of the same item then messaged me if they could have some put aside until their next benefits day as they were disabled on a low income and could only afford every so often. Their purchase history showed them buying disabled stuff.
    Call me a sucker, but the items were low cost, so i threw a few extra into their order as well as a bit of other hardware that wasn't going to sell but could be used as a spare.
  • Tropez
    Tropez Posts: 3,696 Forumite
    Options
    suki1001 wrote: »

You should set up a website and that contain standard letter to people who are trying to be scammed. can we have one for those who receive request of help from nigerian prince millionaires please.

In my experience there's two ways to deal with the Nigerian Royal Family members who email you. They're both similar...

Firstly, a simple reminder that Nigeria is a republic.

Second, begin negotiations to be able to use said prince's time machine as Nigeria hasn't had a monarchy since British colonial rule. This also includes comments about why he couldn't have used his time machine to get the money out of the country prior to whatever disaster occurred, whether the currency is still legal being from decades ago, is it built into a DeLorean etc.
  • suki1001
    Options
    Tropez wrote: »
    In my experience there's two ways to deal with the Nigerian Royal Family members who email you. They're both similar...

Firstly, a simple reminder that Nigeria is a republic.

Second, begin negotiations to be able to use said prince's time machine as Nigeria hasn't had a monarchy since British colonial rule. This also includes comments about why he couldn't have used his time machine to get the money out of the country prior to whatever disaster occurred, whether the currency is still legal being from decades ago, is it built into a DeLorean etc.

I like your style. I wonder what they come back with?

Out of interest how do you handle the ones with immense wealth who are not royalty?
  • Tropez
    edited 1 March 2013 at 10:44PM
    Options
    I like your style. I wonder what they come back with?

Unfortunately, I am yet to receive a response to any of my questions on the matter.

They're just not as fun to play with as the nice men from Microsoft who detect viruses on my PC.
    Out of interest how do you handle the ones with immense wealth who are not royalty?

I haven't had one of them. It's always been royalty. I'm really hoping for the dodgy customs agent but I don't use the email addy that got all the scams these days.
  • suki1001
    Options
    Tropez wrote: »
    Unfortunately, I am yet to receive a response to any of my questions on the matter.

They're just not as fun to play with as the nice men from Microsoft who detect viruses on my PC.

I haven't had one of them. It's always been royalty. I'm really hoping for the dodgy customs agent but I don't use the email addy that got all the scams these days.

Ah, those helpful Microsoft people who thoughtfully phone you up to let you know.

I find the russian girls who will make good wife for my husband very funny. I laughed the day he also got an email invoice from ebay about the red dress he'd bought!

My regular ones now are about a parcel from dhl (there must be a great pile of them in a depot somewhere and the IRS in America letting me know about my outstanding tax bill over there.
  • Tropez
    Options

Ah, those helpful Microsoft people who thoughtfully phone you up to let you know.

I find the russian girls who will make good wife for my husband very funny. I laughed the day he also got an email invoice from ebay about the red dress he'd bought!

My regular ones now are about a parcel from dhl (there must be a great pile of them in a depot somewhere and the IRS in America letting me know about my outstanding tax bill over there.

I know, Microsoft is so helpful. I keep asking them to let me talk to Bill but he's never around. I mean, okay, he doesn't run them anymore but still...

Yeah, DHL has a load of parcels for me as well. I also have various amounts of PPI compensation waiting for me too. I'm waiting until it hits £1m and then I'll collect. Highest so far has only been £6,784.88 (the 88 pence is a big deal!) so some way to go there.

I haven't been offered any Russian girls though... hmm... that's disappointing. I was offered the once in a lifetime opportunity to invest in some South American adult feature films but that's not quite the same.

Tesco currently email me a lot to apologise for feeding me horses. Not a scam, as such, but really I don't need to hear from them every other day about the subject.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure