Beware of Phones4u / Vodafone quoted data allowances

Options
I rang last Friday looking to take out a new contract withphones4u, was looking the Samsung Galaxy S3. Guy came back to me with a dealfrom Vodafone, free handset, 100mins calls, unlimited txt, 1GB of internet, £21per month over 24 months, so I agreed to take it out. :j

Next day I got an email from phones4u thanking me for takingout the deal etc, quoting the handset and vaguely the contract “SamsungGalaxy S III 24 Month Your Plan 21 100 Minutes” no breakdown of textsand data though. So I googled the plan and it came back with 100 mins calls, unlimitedtext, 100MB data & 1GB WiFi, £21 per month over 24 months. :eek:

I rang Phones4u to confirm my data allowance, they said itwas 100MB data & 1GB WiFi. I stated that this was not what wasagreed and Iwanted to cancel the contract. So they started that process.:mad:

Last night I got a email form Vodafone confirming mycontract as 100 mins calls, unlimited text, 1GB data & 1GB WiFi, £21 per month over 24months. :D
So I rang Vodafone this morning to transfer an old number across, butthey said the contract is cancelled and that the internet was only 100MB. Theytold me to call phones4u so I did and again they said the deal is only 100MB. :(
I really like the phone and am prepared to take out thecontract at the initial agreed allowances but am not getting anywhere withPhones4u or Vodafone.

Any ideas?
Mr.P

Comments

• grumbler
    grumbler Posts: 58,629 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Vodafone have nothing to do with this. It's p4u's error and they have to put things right. They have to either
    - cancel the new contract and restore the original one
    OR
    - change your allowance to 1Gb with Voda
    OR
    - pay you the cost of increasing the allowance to 1Gb over the minimum term.

I assume that you have some proof that you were promised 1Gb of mobile data.
  • Vodafone
    Vodafone Posts: 4,297 Organisation Representative
    Options
    mr._prude wrote: »
    I rang last Friday looking to take out a new contract withphones4u, was looking the Samsung Galaxy S3. Guy came back to me with a dealfrom Vodafone, free handset, 100mins calls, unlimited txt, 1GB of internet, £21per month over 24 months, so I agreed to take it out. :j

Next day I got an email from phones4u thanking me for takingout the deal etc, quoting the handset and vaguely the contract “SamsungGalaxy S III 24 Month Your Plan 21 100 Minutes” no breakdown of textsand data though. So I googled the plan and it came back with 100 mins calls, unlimitedtext, 100MB data & 1GB WiFi, £21 per month over 24 months. :eek:

I rang Phones4u to confirm my data allowance, they said itwas 100MB data & 1GB WiFi. I stated that this was not what wasagreed and Iwanted to cancel the contract. So they started that process.:mad:

Last night I got a email form Vodafone confirming mycontract as 100 mins calls, unlimited text, 1GB data & 1GB WiFi, £21 per month over 24months. :D
    So I rang Vodafone this morning to transfer an old number across, butthey said the contract is cancelled and that the internet was only 100MB. Theytold me to call phones4u so I did and again they said the deal is only 100MB. :(
    I really like the phone and am prepared to take out thecontract at the initial agreed allowances but am not getting anywhere withPhones4u or Vodafone.

Any ideas?
    Mr.P

Hi Mr.P,

Thanks for making me aware of this.

If you'd like me to get this looked into further could you email me with your details via the link in our profile here?

All you need to do is copy and paste the link into your web browser and it will take you to the Contact us form on our website.

To ensure that it reaches me could you also quote the code WRT135 - MSE in the subject line and once our automated reply arrives update the thread with your email reference number and I'll get back to you as soon as possible?

Kind regards,

Lee

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Vodafone. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure