Flights from Northern Ireland to USA

Hi basically I am looking for advice and links for the cheapest possible option to fly from Northern Ireland to the USA.

I can fly from, Belfast, Dublin, London, Manchester etc. I am basically looking the cheapest flight to USA that anyone is aware of?

I am hoping to travel late summer early September. My destination airport is not important as I hope to do some traveling whilst I'm out there and exploring.

So basically any help advice links etc would be appreciated.

PS - Any links to cheap car rental or tips whilst exploring for anything out of the ordinary would be much appreciated. I am 25yrs old and the other traveler is 26yrs old

Comments

• Martinhanna...don't want to appear rude especially as we are both newbies however you need a travel agent not a forum called Flight Delay Compensation!!! Hence the name..........
  • Mark2spark
    Mark2spark Posts: 2,306
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Googling a flightseeker type of website would be my first port of call.
    Don't discount flying to Amsterdam and connecting there, cheaper departure tax.
  • fifeken
    fifeken Posts: 2,700
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Mark2spark wrote: »
    Googling a flightseeker type of website would be my first port of call.
    Don't discount flying to Amsterdam and connecting there, cheaper departure tax.

APD from Northern Ireland to USA is zero.
  • Try the sky scanner website - it is the best flight searching resource on the planet. You can search your destination from any airport in the UK on one search. You can also search from ROI.

It would be easier doing that then filling in the gaps from NI with Easyjet from NI (although you will need to leave a long layover to counteract any possible delays - I travel Easyjet to Belfast at least twice a month and never encounter any delays 90% of the time, even then they are generally less than an hour).
  • Squidgy66
    Squidgy66 Posts: 18 Forumite
    edited 27 February 2013 at 3:56AM
    fifeken wrote: »
    APD from Northern Ireland to USA is zero.

I thought that was only from the republic (ie:Dublin, etc)? I know they were looking into taking it off to make them more competitive with the south.

EDIT There appears to be an unintended green face in the middle of my post!
  • fifeken
    fifeken Posts: 2,700
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Squidgy66 wrote: »
    I thought that was only from the republic (ie Dublin, etc)? I know they were looking into taking it off to make them more competitive with the south.

EDIT There appears to be an unintended green face in the middle of my post!

APD is a UK tax so doesn't apply from Dublin.

Northern Ireland (Belfast) although in the UK are dealt with differently. They've been paying the lowest rate even on long hauls for a while, but it's now been removed altogether.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-20227294
  • fifeken wrote: »
    APD is a UK tax so doesn't apply from Dublin.

Northern Ireland (Belfast) although in the UK are dealt with differently. They've been paying the lowest rate even on long hauls for a while, but it's now been removed altogether.

I practically live in Belfast International Airport - you'd think I'd of picked up on that, cheers ;)
  • Mark2spark
    Mark2spark Posts: 2,306
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Lucky beggars ;)

But how many airlines fly direct to the USA from Belfast?

It depends on the ultimate destination of the OP in USA really.
    It still might be cheaper connecting in Amsterdam and paying APD.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.5K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure