Talk Talk Customer Service

Options
I have recently been involved in a lengthy saga with Talk Talk regarding provision of my Youview box. I am really just posting this to make others aware of the standards of customer service as in another thread I read the messages appeared positive. This has not been my experience.

Since the 1st of February I have been in contact with Talk Talk as the engineer who was due to come to fit my Youview box didn't appear - or did and didn't ring the bell. As a result of this I was told that I would have to wait over 4 weeks to get the box installed. To me this was unacceptable.

Since then I have been told on 3 occasions by managers that they will call me back and 2 customer service agents and they have not.

I have ordered the service online and received a confirmation only to be told the order didn't exist.

I have spoken to many customer service agents of varying quality who have in the main let me down.

I have received one call back where I didn't make the phone as it only rang for two rings.

I have spoken to the worst customer service agent ever. He only told me his name as Weng, wouldn't give me a second name. He appeared not to listen to a word I said and repeatedly asked me the same question. Eventually I had to hang up.

My current situation is that I spoke to a helpful agent who has booked me an appointment for the 26th of March. She assures me that as she has escalated the case I will get a call from a Bright Sparks manager who will arrange an earlier appointment.

So far I have not had any call and I am very doubtful that I will. If I have to wait until the 26th of March it will have been over 3 months since I placed the order and I have been paying for it since the 4th of January. Hopefully if I do have to wait until the 26th of March the engineer will at least ring the bell this time to let us know he is there.

If you are thinking of joining Talk Talk, be aware that the standard of customer service is very poor.

Comments

• macman
    macman Posts: 53,098 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Ask them to send you the box, and say you will self-install it, thereby saving the £50 fee they otherwise insist on charging you.
    TT do not have any 'engineers'. The box simply has to be plugged in, like any other internet-connected PVR.
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
  • The_Blade
    Options
    Hi Stuart.
    I'm a talktalk customer who like yourself has been subject to some pretty shoddy customer service via their overseas sales centres. I have found using their customer forums gets you access to better quality agents. The fact the customers issues are publically viewable also seems to drive better service! They have a section for youview issues which may be worth you taking a look at.

http://www.talktalkmembers.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=116
  • penrhyn
    penrhyn Posts: 15,215 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I get the impression that people think you can only get YouView by subscribing to Talk Talk or BT.
    YouView is a free service based on Freeview, the boxes are on sale at all the usual outlets.
    That gum you like is coming back in style.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 25 February 2013 at 11:17AM
    Options
    penrhyn wrote: »
    YouView is a free service based on Freeview, the boxes are on sale at all the usual outlets.
    You are correct, but BT and Talk Talk provide the box without charge of course.

I If I have to wait until the 26th of March it will have been over 3 months since I placed the order and I have been paying for it since the 4th of January.
    As above, you haven't been paying for YouView though!

Talk Talk are providing the box, but the service is free to anyone.
  • penrhyn
    penrhyn Posts: 15,215 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 25 February 2013 at 11:21AM
    Options
    Indeed, just saying that you don't have to subscribe to TT or BT to have YouView.

....and the box price is falling, though not a lot as yet.

http://www.richersounds.com/product/freeview-freesat-pvr/humax/dtr-t1000/huma-dtr1000-youview
    That gum you like is coming back in style.
  • TalkTalk
    TalkTalk Posts: 1,948 Organisation Representative
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi StuartMedgar,

Im sorry to hear of the issues you have experienced. If you email us, using the details in this profile, we can provide you with assistance and further advice regarding this matter.

Regards

Mark
    Online Community Department
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Talk Talk. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure