12 plate Fiesta and pucshchair/pram

Not really moneysaving (but you could save me from making an expensive mistake!)

Hello,
I have a 12 plate Fiesta that I won't/can't change. I like the look of the Bugaboo Bee as it seems compact and won't need much storage space at home either. Does anyone know if it definitely fits in the boot? Have looked at it in John Lewis but don't know if they let you try it in your boot.
I like the Chameleon too but the bulkiness of the carry cot and definitely not knowing if it will fit in the boot puts me off. I tried the Oyster at babies r us and that fitted in the boot but again the bulkiness of the carry cot put me off. But then with the Bee it doesn't look very sturdy or comfortable when in baby/pram position. Thought the carry cot could double up as moses basket so would need to buy one of those?

Can anyone offer me any opinions advice/help? I'm only 12 weeks so have plenty of time, but it's such a minefield! And I'm obsessed with researching everything so will take ages to choose!

Thanks
I'm never offended by debate & opinions. As a wise man called Voltaire once said, "I disagree with what you say, but will defend until death your right to say it."
Mortgage is my only debt - Original mortgage - January 2008 = £88,400, March 2014 = £47,000 Chipping away slowly! Now saving to move.

Comments

• Gillyx
    Gillyx Posts: 6,847 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Mothercare are doing free Maxi Cosi Cabriofix car seat with the bee ATM if you are thinking of buying, think the offer is on until the 6th of March.

Don't know about the car but the bee is one of the most compact prams you can get unless you just go for a stroller. I used our carrycot instead of a Moses basket and he seemed to like it, we had a crib but we used the carrycot with a sleep mattress.

The only thing you can do with the carrycot is sit it on the back seat or on the floor behind the front seats providing you don't have anyone sitting in the back.

I loved our carrycot on the pram, he always looked comfy laying completely flat but I know others barely used theres.
    The frontier is never somewhere else. And no stockades can keep the midnight out.
  • dizziblonde
    dizziblonde Posts: 4,276 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Ring JL and explain and ask them if they know/will be able to help? It's a common enough car that if nowt else they might have had someone doing something like a return if it hadn't fitted... or do Bugaboo have a FB page you could ask on?

I know I've seen our local Mothercare taking buggies out into the carpark to try them out in cars and I think they stock Bugaboos don't they?

As for carrycots as moses baskets - you'll need to check cos not all are suitable for night sleeping - ones that are generally brag about it from the heavens though.
    Little miracle born April 2012, 33 weeks gestation and a little toughie!
  • Thanks ladies. I didn't realise that Mothercare stocked Bugaboo, I'll go one time and try the Chamleon and the Bee in the boot. Though I think it will have to be the Bee. If I have an Oyster or Chamleon the chassis will fill the boot meaning the carrycot will fill the boot so suppose better of sticking to the bee.

Thanks again xx
    I'm never offended by debate & opinions. As a wise man called Voltaire once said, "I disagree with what you say, but will defend until death your right to say it."
    Mortgage is my only debt - Original mortgage - January 2008 = £88,400, March 2014 = £47,000 Chipping away slowly! Now saving to move.
  • I've got a 10 plate fiesta and the bugaboo bee. Fits nicely in my boot!
    Saving all my pennies
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport