Comparing Fixed Rate Savings Products - 2 years

MilarkyMilarky Forumite
6.3K Posts
Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic
✭✭✭✭
I Just wanted to start threads specifically for fixed rate savings products, and to have different treads for different terms [if that makes comparisons - and finding information easier?]

Today's offering is from Nationwide (available from tomorrow) and open to savings account/mortgage customers of at least 3 years standing

Provider: Nationwide Building Society

Term: 2 years
Fixed Rate:  6.00% Gross AER
Monthly Option: 5.80% Gross AER
Availability: Limiited (probably about 3 weeks from past experience)
Invesment Limits 0-£5,000 (single), 0-£10,000 (joint)
Notice/Closure: 90 days notice (or loss of interest) required

Link: here

Please add your comments and post other 2 year fixed rate products when you spot them below [Also it helps if you edit your own reply saying when - for instance - an offer has ended]

Thanks

Milarky
.....under construction....

Replies

• laminkilaminki Forumite
    140 Posts
    good luck.
    I suspect that the 3 threads will be pulled apart by people posting at different times.
    good idea though.
  • Good initiative but agree that Nationwide do tend to pull their offers very quickly I have been a member for several years. I seem to keep missing these offers as they are advertised in store. I do sometimes see them in the national press. However, when I missed the last one I sent them an email asking why they could not inform members by, say, putting the information on their website I was told that it was too complicated!

DOH!

Trev
    ???
    I am NOT a mortgage & insurance adviser - or anything to do with finance, that was put on by the new system I dont know why?!
  • BULLNOTBEARBULLNOTBEAR Forumite
    101 Posts
    Seems a very good rate even though I would be sceptical about tying up to fixed deals at the moment with more rate rises imminent.
    Val :)
  • MilarkyMilarky Forumite
    6.3K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    The good point about this product is its 90 days notice option. This can become a 'one year' bond simply by giving notice after 9 months - you aren't locked in for the term provided you think ahead (like any self-respecting Moneysaver!).
  • Good point Milarky. A very good rate by Nationwide but it will be interesting to see what new 2 year bond rates become available after today's expected rate rise. I would expect some > 6% for £5000 investement. A good time to be in cash.
    Val :)
  • MilarkyMilarky Forumite
    6.3K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nationwide's new* 2 year fixed bonds, paying 5.40% , announced here [unlike the Summer Bond, this is generally available to all customers] :)

*replaces previous 2yr rate of 5.20%
  • RoehydeRoehyde Forumite
    14 Posts
    I went into Nationwide this morning - the Summer Bond offer closed yesterday. :(

Their website now offers a 3yr bond at 5.5% interest. Considering you can get 5.5% for a year from Cahoot, I'm disappointed that Nationwide didn't introduce a rate that would beat it (even if it was a bond as opposed to an instant access account).
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Alexa, tell me some top tips

How can this Forumite maximise their smart speaker?

Join the Forum discussion

State pension shortfalls for women

MPs call it a 'shameful shambles'

MSE News