PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

March 2013 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• helen_jelly
    helen_jelly Posts: 2,982 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for the welcome back ladies :beer:
    Suffolk Lass you made me blush :o x

Have done an online order with MrA for delivery tomorrow so thats £75 gone, gone, gone! Some may think that its reckless doing an online order when my budget is soooo tight but the delivery charge is cheaper than the cost of my petrol getting there and I'm not tempted by all that lovely "other stuff" that always finds a home in my trolley :D

Need to pay a visit to Farmf@@ds and get some frozen bits and some loo roll - I'm a serious convert to their loo roll and I price compare [and quality compare] everywhere [that rhymed lol] and nowhere beats it - go on give it a go, you know you want to, £4 for 18 rolls of lushousness :rotfl:

Will also be doing some cookie making [hopefully I'll fair better than the 2 lovely ladies on here but not banking on it] :p

Thats all for now folks

Good luck and don't forget, we learn as we go along so mistakes are allowed :D

Helen x
    Projects made for craft fair - 40 :)
    1st fair on 13/4/14 :j
  • GlasweJen
    GlasweJen Posts: 7,451 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    First spend on the March budget is £55, I've ordered a meat box as supermarket meat is just not tasty at all any more (and disappears in the pan) so I'm hoping this will work out - my local butcher sucks too!

That should be all the meat for the month so just veg, rice and pasta for the rest of the month.

I'm still debating wether or not to include toiletries in the budget, I need shampoo, conditioner and shower gel this month.
  • norabatty_2
    Options
    Hi, can you put me down for £195 for March please? This is to include about £50 for formula and nappies and the rest on food/toiletries for 2 adults and a baby.

Thank you :)
    Overpay Mortgage by £9,100 in 2013 - £9,316.16/£9,100
    Overpay Mortgage by £19,000 in 2014 - £438.72/£19,000

GC 2014 Feb £120.83/£180 :j Mar £25.47/£140
  • Fredula
    Fredula Posts: 568 Forumite
    Options
    Hello, I'm budgeting £250 for March. That's for hubby, baby and I. Hoping to only spend £220 though so that we can all have £10 pocket money each. Otherwise whatever's left over we will share out between the three of us.
  • lbnblbnb
    Options
    Oh dear Mrscautious. As you say, at least we tried.
    Grocery Challenge (2 adults 2 kids)
    19th June -18th July £91:15/£150 61%

Save £12,000 in 2013 No. 188 £7382/£12,000 62%
    2013 Frugal Living Challenge
    Debt free October 2012
  • K9sandFelines
    K9sandFelines Posts: 2,578 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic Combo Breaker
    edited 25 February 2013 at 12:10PM
    Options
    I have been following this thread with great enthusiasm and decided to bite the bullet and join, if that is okay. When i can't sleep i am constantly scouring through this and the Feb thread, the menu planning section and so on and so forth.

There is me and my daughter and also five pets - one dog and four cats. I will allow for three of the four cats and tinned dog food, as i bulk buy the dogs food every six months and have it in already and cat food for fourth cat is hypoallergenic. I generally have to allow for £15-20 on the cats every week for food and litter depending on offers.

I shop around, I batch cook, freeze and use leftovers, have a breadmaker and a slow cooker, lots of staples and every herb, baking ingredient etc in the cupboards; which hopefully will all help towards my GC. Hardly ever drink, don't smoke, eat takeaways or go out. I'm also following SW.

So, that is me in a nutshell. I have just stocked up today £32.47 in Mr A and have an order of £38.92 of mostly offers coming from Mr. T on Tuesday. So with that in mind i am going to try and reduce it to £300 for the month, this will include pets mentioned above, toiletries and cleaning. My Dad takes me shopping normally to Al*i or the other supermarkets; or if he isn't going, then i shop online normally Tuesday. So i will start from the day of my next shop, 26th (to make up a full week at the beginning of the month) to the 31st.

Phew that got long, hope that's enough info ...not sure how to do the signature yet, but will have a go now. How do i do it so it goes in every post please somebody?

Edited to say thanks, sig sorted, GC total edited ... no going back now!

GC £150 a month for food, toiletries and cleaning Jan £134.58 Feb £137.18 Mar £118.89 April £
    Forever learning the art of frugality
  • missmoneysave
    Options
    Can I be in again this month? £180.00 budget for March for us (2 adults and a dog) please? starting tomorrow. Came in just over budget last month, this challenge really makes you think about things though, no more mindless throwing in trolleys (unless OH is accompanying me :mad:)

Good luck everyone!
    Comper, Blogger & OS-er
    Competition prizes: £6/£2015
  • craigywv
    craigywv Posts: 2,342 Forumite
    Options
    K9, go to top of page press user cp it will bring you to your signature xxx
    C.R.A.P.R.O.L.L.Z #7 member N.I splinter-group co-ordinater :p I dont suffer from insanity....I enjoy every minute of it!!.:)
  • nicolula87
    Options
    £280 for me again please.
    Kitchen Debt - 2820/260
    Save £12k in 2013 #060: 1293.24/3000
    MFW: 88760.00/85000.00 (4.24% paid)
  • mossy
    mossy Posts: 1,263 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Welcome K9+ it's lovely to have you with us! A big welcome to the other newbies too!! :D

Like Craigy said if you go to the top and press on user cp, when that opens you'll see on the left hand side a big bar of options. Edit your signature is about half way down. Click on that and then write away. ;)
    Saving for Disney again, oops why book one Disney holiday when you can book two!
    :starmod: Emergency Fund Savings - #148 - £10/£1000 1% :starmod:
    :xmastree:#083 SPC6 £63 - SPC7 £90 - SPC8 £63 - SPC9 £54 - SPC10 £26 - SPC12 £70 :xmastree:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure