edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in TV MoneySaving
16 replies 3K views
2»

Replies

• macmanmacman Forumite
    48.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Without a proper Freesat box you won't get the Freesat EPG.
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
  • edited 21 February 2013 at 5:22PM
    winalot2winalot2 Forumite
    17 Posts
    edited 21 February 2013 at 5:22PM
    thanks macman - and is there no such thing as a non freesat epg (fta?) i wsan't sure if the new humax boxes had one beyond now and next?..you can't get a box that combines freesat and non-freesat tv gudies or channel lists can you?

i've been trying to find out about vu boxes like the duo - these also seem like an interesting option..
  • macmanmacman Forumite
    48.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Humax Freesat boxes can be switched between Freesat and non-Freesat modes.
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
  • Humax Fox HDR-T2 we have three of them in the house perfect little kits and work excellent. Humax update the box regularly so plenty of features on them.
  • almillaralmillar Forumite
    8.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    RichIX that's a FreeVIEW box that connects to an aerial not a FreeSAT box that connects to a satellite dish - did you miss that small detail in the title of the thread?!
  • winalot2winalot2 Forumite
    17 Posts
    thanks all for your advice, have purchased one of the reconditioned hdr 500 /g boxes from humax - as mentioned by others this seems to be new at least on the surface (i.e. no scratches etc)

i've installed the raydon's firmware on it which apparently lets you control it from your pc and to merge the non-freesat channels you want into the freesat epg (but haven't actually done this yet.

very pleased so far.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Energy price cap could be extended beyond 2023

New plans have just been announced by the Government

MSE News

Cheap contents insurance for tenants

DON'T assume your landlord covers you

MSE Guides

Summer sizzlers round-up

Incl £2ish sun cream & £1.50 disposable BBQs

MSE Deals