Virgin Media reduced my package to give a discount

Options
Hello All,

I signed for Virgin Media last month with Sky Movies and Sky Movies HD.

The engineer came to my flat and had issues with the installation, I would have to get building management authorization - which I got - and rearrange the installation.

I rearranged, but later I decided to go for a deal with Sky, so I called back to cancel my order altogheter.

The sales person on the phone offerred me a discount, I would pay £7 less per month on top of another discount in the first 6 months.

I decided then to stay with Virgin and carry on with the installation, the sales person mentioned a new order was made with the exact same package I ordered first.

When it was installed on Saturday, I found out I don't have Sky Movies HD, I called and confirmed it wasn't in my package and they want to charge me the exact £7 per month to have this.

I was really annoyed on the phone, after more than 1 hour speaking with more than 7 different people, I didn't have success, they are supposed to get back to me today after analysing the call recording.

The question is, if they don't want to give me the discount, do I have grounds to request a contract termination with no termination fees?

Thanks and Regards,
Daniel

Comments

• visidigi
    visidigi Posts: 6,441 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    "Money back guarantee: Available to new customers and existing customers taking a new service. Call us within 28 days of activation for a refund of your first month’s rental charges and any installation charge. You will only be charged for transactions (calls, purchases, service upgrades) occurring after activation. Statutory rights are not affected."

Depends when 'last month' your contract began. Check the date on it...
  • danielvmn
    Options
    visidigi wrote: »
    "Money back guarantee: Available to new customers and existing customers taking a new service. Call us within 28 days of activation for a refund of your first month’s rental charges and any installation charge. You will only be charged for transactions (calls, purchases, service upgrades) occurring after activation. Statutory rights are not affected."

Depends when 'last month' your contract began. Check the date on it...

That's great info, thanks, the new order was placed on 1st February.
  • visidigi
    visidigi Posts: 6,441 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    if you want Sky Sports and Movies in HD go to Sky, Virgin only have Sky Sports 1 & 2 in HD - 3 and 4 are SD only and with Sky shuffling the programming lots of mainstream stuff is ending up on 3 & 4 now.

That and you cannot record red button streams on Virgin, unlike Sky.
  • danielvmn
    Options
    visidigi wrote: »
    if you want Sky Sports and Movies in HD go to Sky, Virgin only have Sky Sports 1 & 2 in HD - 3 and 4 are SD only and with Sky shuffling the programming lots of mainstream stuff is ending up on 3 & 4 now.

That and you cannot record red button streams on Virgin, unlike Sky.

Thanks for the tip, but I'm not really interested in Sky Sports, I have Sky Movies only.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure