We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Problem with Google Music on my Tablet

2»

Comments

  • I've put mytunes Pro back on the tablet but perhaps a big micro sd card is the answer.
  • almillar
    almillar Posts: 8,621 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    Certainly, having the music stored locally is a more reliable and simpler answer. You can still use Google Music to play them...
  • almillar wrote: »
    Certainly, having the music stored locally is a more reliable and simpler answer. You can still use Google Music to play them...

    I have many years of music stored on my pc and the idea of backing them up to the net appealed to me. It is 2013!

    I have many years of pictures and did think about uploading them to the net but I'd have to pay a packet for the space.

    I am now looking for a inexpensive portable hard drive (250gig or more) and 8, 16 or 32gig micro sd cards (1 for phone & 1 for tablet) - Any recommendations would be appreciated.

    Thank you
    Richard
  • myhooose
    myhooose Posts: 271 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    rwalton159 wrote: »
    I have many years of music stored on my pc and the idea of backing them up to the net appealed to me. It is 2013!

    I have many years of pictures and did think about uploading them to the net but I'd have to pay a packet for the space.

    Richard

    Amazon glacier is very cheap ($0.011 per GB per month) so long as you use it as a pure backup/archive rather than continually accessing it. There are costs to upload and download the data though, and you have to be careful if download large amounts of data.


    I paid 19p last month to store approx 15gb.
  • Thanks myhoose :)
  • almillar
    almillar Posts: 8,621 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    Sorry, I wasn't clear, I wasn't saying don't back things up in the cloud, I was saying if you have the storage on your tablet, put the music onto it, rather than trying to play it from the cloud.
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.