Onur air

Options
Can anyone help me find the om plants address for Onur Air?

I can only find office addresses and email addresses for Istanbul in turkey? I am happy to email them there but would prefer to write to someone in the UK if they have an office here that is relevant.

Our flight was back in 2008, from Manchester to dalaman. We were delayed by over 5 or 7 hours in the end (can't remember exactly now).

Comments

• Alan_Bowen
    Alan_Bowen Posts: 4,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Onur is a Turkish airline that operates charter flights. As far as I know they have no address in the UK and your chances of them having even heard of EU261 are probably nil. They know that practically there is little you can do since they are not based in the EU so if you get a reply, well done!
  • tamiami
    tamiami Posts: 537 Forumite
    Options
    Didn't they go bust last year?
  • Oliver_Zarmy
    Oliver_Zarmy Posts: 57 Forumite
    edited 13 February 2013 at 3:51PM
    Options
    pdej4 What do you mean by 'om plants'?
    Alan Bowen Your comments don't negate the requirements of EU261.
    tamiami No they didn't.
  • pdej4
    pdej4 Posts: 57 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Apologies, I meant contact details in the UK, but my typing on the ipad is rubbish!
  • Oliver_Zarmy
    Options
    You can contact them at sales@charterflights.co.uk or tel 020 8714 0010.
  • markdewhirst
    Options
    Has anyone had any luck with Onur? I need to put in a claim
  • pdej4
    Options
    I never bothered in the end. I could have done, but to be completely honest, we had a good holiday, and whilst there was a very long delay on the way out, it didn't ruin the holiday.

I fly a lot internationally for work, and so perhaps have more understanding when these things happen too. Whilst sometimes the airlines can be at fault, I genuinely feel there is sometimes not a lot they can do, and so for everyone to make a claim, only pushes the cost of the flights up in general. If they have communicated well (which to be fair Onur Air did at the time we had an issue with them), then I think that's a good start. We got meal vouchers etc. Whilst boring and tedious it wasn't that bad - and I've had far worse flights that I would complain about but be able to get no sort of compensation from. I'd suggest getting in touch with the details posted earlier.
  • mwlfoot
    Options
    to pdje4 was your flight on the 28th august I was on that flight but cant find the flight number do you know what it is as I want to claim but cant find the flight number can you help

mwl
  • pdej4
    Options
    mwlfoot wrote: »
    to pdje4 was your flight on the 28th august I was on that flight but cant find the flight number do you know what it is as I want to claim but cant find the flight number can you help

mwl

Sorry, just checked my passport. Our flight was the 3rd August. No idea on the flight number though! Try: http://www.flightstats.com Not sure how far back they go so it may not be useful.

If you've not got the flight number, presumably you don't have a copy of your booking or boarding pass, in which case can you even claim? I.e. you have no proof you were on their flight? Both of those documents would have the flight number on them.
  • Alan_Bowen
    Alan_Bowen Posts: 4,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    To mwlFoot, if your flight was 28th August 2008, you are virtually out of time, any legal action has to be begun within 6 years and that means you literally have a month. If you have no flight details and no address for Onur, you might be better to give up and not stress about it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure