We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Why don't people like threads being bumped?

13

Comments

  • Luckyone
    Luckyone Posts: 23,016
    Xmas Saver!
    Forumite
    This exactly I'm sure steam comes out the top of my head when this happens!

    All it needs is one person saying I'ts not working. Then one more person to say it's working now

    How hard is that to understand!

    I really do not want to read 10 ways to say it's not working
    This Post Has Been Sponsored By
    Chocolate
  • BlueBella
    BlueBella Posts: 10,387
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    yes, sites like the ITV sites are often down when I attempt to enter first time. Rather than add 'not working' to the thread, I just bookmark and retry later - it often works then! It is all about using your 'nog' or your 'loaf' lol
    :TA big thanks to all who post and sprinkling lucky dust to all who enter :smileyhea
  • BlueBella
    BlueBella Posts: 10,387
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    Or use your bonce, your nut, your noggin! LOL Now I have just spat my tea all over LOL!
    :TA big thanks to all who post and sprinkling lucky dust to all who enter :smileyhea
  • It annoyed me when I started because i couldnt remember whether i had already dine them or not, but once I realised I could order by newest thread and use the Red Cross/green ticks it doesn't bother me at all.
    2013: 2 galaxy heart mugs, afternoon tea for two, spa break for two, picnic blanket, 3 night trip to Lille for two, £100 lovetoshop vouchers.

    2014: nothing so far :-(
  • cagsd
    cagsd Posts: 7,697
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    I don't usually get annoyed by bumps, but the ones that do vex me are when people reply to say "entered, thanks" or "great comp" - as has been said above, if I've green ticked a comp and then it returns to the top, I always check it again to make sure there isn't a change in terms or something, and it's infuriating when it's just a remark to the effect that someone has entered it!!!! That's what the ticks and the thanks buttons are for!!
  • robbies_gal
    robbies_gal Posts: 7,895
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    Forumite
    its annoying if you have subscribed to a thread and get endless emails that u have to check incase youve missed something important

    and i also thought it was in the rules of this particular forum
    What goes around-comes around
  • weeowens
    weeowens Posts: 81,990
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    gabbyevs wrote: »

    and i also thought it was in the rules of this particular forum[/QUOTE

    ]

    It is :-)

    post #9


    Re rules on bumping I'd note the first post on here: http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/...ad.php?t=24817

    8. No Bumping Of Posts. Please do not just bump posts for the sake of it. This disrupts the boards.
  • robbies_gal
    robbies_gal Posts: 7,895
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    Forumite
    yes sorry just reposnding to someone saying its not in the rules that u cant
    What goes around-comes around
  • Luckyone
    Luckyone Posts: 23,016
    Xmas Saver!
    Forumite
    Just had the it's not working again DOH!
    This Post Has Been Sponsored By
    Chocolate
  • I can see how it does bother people but on the other hand I often feel discouraged from making a light-hearted comment or joking about a comp post because I know many would be annoyed. It detracts from the enjoyment of the forum for me sometimes feeling I can't reply for fear of offending the masses.

    May you all have lots of luck, Emma xx
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.