Not the best predictor

Options

Comments

• BJV
    BJV Posts: 2,535 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Decluttered a wheelie bin full of rubbish already today, and two old duvets are off to the animal charity for dog beds. I've been meaning to drop these off for months but they were out of the way in the loft.

Lots more books to go today, some bric a brac and some clothes for the charity shops. I still have so much to clear out.

I can't believe I have so much "stuff" in my life. I certainly won't accumulate so many things again.

Well done for making a start as that is always the hardest bit. But before you cart everything down to the charity shops have you thought about trying sell some of the bits and bobs on ebay. You would be amazed and one mans rubbish is another mans treasure and all of that. it would also help with the money side and you will be amazed how quickly it mounts up.

Don't try and change the world in one day just set small goals that you know you will be able to reach.

Little by little.
    Happiness, Health and Wealth in that order please!:A
  • MrsPepperpot
    MrsPepperpot Posts: 81 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi Tryingaian

Well done with the house move, at least you can tick that off the list!

*subscribes*

No more procrastinations ... jfdi!!
    (Note to self, see above :rotfl:)
    Sometimes it just is
  • Tryingagainandagain
    Tryingagainandagain Posts: 152 Forumite
    edited 23 May 2013 at 11:54AM
    Options
    Thank you BJV and Mrs Pepperpot for your encouragement.

I have put an empty box into the spare room and will put anything ebayable into that. You are right - it will be a good way to make a few pounds.

Looking back i have achieved more than i thought - as i moved into a flat i have no garden to look after and the few houseplants and herbs i have are within even my capabilities.

The flat is tidier than my house, but I brought more with me than I should have. I will give myself until Christmas to sort out and ebay the bulk of it. I haven't bought much since I moved so will not be adding to the clutter.

I joined the gym this morning. I was very lucky to get a special deal, and as the gym is on the retail park where I usually shop, i can combine trips.

I have also bought a calorie counting book and am going to try to lose some weight. I can't cope with the diet plans as they always expect you to buy an odd (expensive) ingredient and use one serving of it.

The amount I save on food by eating proper portion sizes should offset the cost of the gym:o. It will also get me back into preparing meals from scratch and batch cooking.

My jobs for the next 24 hours:
    No spends!
    Prepare chicken dish and freeze extra portions
    Prepare salad for today and tomorrow, slice carrots and oranges for snacks. Scrub new potatoes.
    Gym (tomorrow am)
    One washload of clothes. Iron 6 tops from ironing pile. Watch Scott & Bailey while ironing!
    Wash some old curtains - if they survive they can go to the charity shop.
    Vacuum (really quick job now as all on one level)
    Sort some papers and shred what i can.
    List one item on ebay
    Study (I am trying to update my skills for the workplace)
    Shave my legs (for the gym)

If I can achieve this little lot I will be pleased.
    Aiming to get healthy in 2014.
  • nicolula87
    nicolula87 Posts: 190 Forumite
    Options
    Ah another lists person :) Well done for getting started!
    Kitchen Debt - 2820/260
    Save £12k in 2013 #060: 1293.24/3000
    MFW: 88760.00/85000.00 (4.24% paid)
  • Tryingagainandagain
    Options
    Unfortunately I make lists and then end up only crossing off half the little jobs.:o

Yesterday my list was a reasonable one, I think, but still only got through part of it. That said, I managed to get 12 tops ironed and only stopped because I ran out of hangers:eek: I couldn't believe it, but then realised that i had hung up many clothes that i will never wear again (and some I've never worn at all) - prompt to e-bay at least two items tonight as I didn't get round to doing any last night.

Lunch and dinner are sorted and today will be another no spend day.:j

I've another washload in and have handwashed a few items.

For the rest of the day:
    Sort some papers and shred another couple of shredders full.
    Take the recycling and rubbish out.
    Study one unit.
    Photograph at least two items to e-bay.
    Cook, eat, washup.
    Clean kitchen and bathroom floor.
    Shower etc, manicure
    Ebay listing
    Sewing.

This will be achievable if I put my mind to it and don't get distracted.
  • Tryingagainandagain
    Options
    Well I did nothing from my list yesterday and won't get much done today - for the very best of reasons.

Just after I posted some friends called and said they would be in the area and could they come and visit. We went out for a long rainy walk, had a lovely meal and chat and this morning went shopping. Off now for a long chatty lunch. Great to catch up with friends.:):):):)
  • Tryingagainandagain
    Options
    I am so hopeless at posting but when I do it keeps me on track.

What have I done over the last few days? Until yesterday they were no spend days - I went to the gym and swam and saved my money.

Yesterday I had to go to the shop. I couldn't put it off any longer.

As I lost some weight last week I thought I'd make the most of my motivation and buy the 1% fat milk instead of semi-skimmed. I'm not ready for skimmed yet:rotfl:

I haven't bought cakes, pastries, chocolate or crisps - my downfall - and am cooking from scratch every day (very MSE old-style).

I've started growing some salad stuff on the windowsill and also some herbs.

I managed to tackle some of the ironing (found a few hangers). I haven't done much around the house apart from that.

Today I'm meeting a friend for lunch in town. I need a couple of items from Boots but may be able to get them on my points.
    If I eat too much at lunch i will just have some salad or fruit this evening.

I have some more ironing to do this evening (always) but I'd like to get started on a small cross stitch I promised myself for the hallway.

Bathroom also needs a good clean.

Long walk later will finish me off.

I'll be back tomorrow to report progress.
  • Tryingagainandagain
    Options
    Hmmm - I see I did not get back to report progress.

I went to the gym a couple of times, and did the basics of housework. Yesterday was glorious here so I picked up my sister and we went out for the day - we had lunch at a pub after exploring a couple of garden centres further afield.

Spent most of the day in the open air - beautiful.

When i got back I was too restless to watch TV so I planted some more herb and lettuce seeds and potted on some plants. I don't need curtains any more - all my windows are full of plants.:)

Most of them are growing edible goodies so I'm keeping up the old-style ethos. I must get my shower buckets out ( I seem to have misplaced them in the move) - then I can use the cold water run-off to water the plants and the grey water to flush the loo.

Jobs for today - contact GP or pharmacist re prescription - I've been phoning all morning but can't get through. I think the doctor has prescribed the wrong dose of anti-depresssant but it's in a different form so I can't be sure:(
    Study - a real chore when the sun is shining but I have a busy few weeks ahead so I need to get ahead.
    Laundry - big stuff and household stuff.
    Sort some papers and shred some more.
    Exercise - I plan to do some pilates at home today.
    Cleaning - I got compost all over the kitchen floor last night so I need to clean that up. The carpets need vacuuming too. I'd also like to finish cleaning my kitchen cupboards.
    Sewing - I've got a class this week so I'll need to sort out my stuff, but I also want to start something for a friends child - not sure what yet. I've also got a couple of cross stitches on the go.

That should do it for now:)
  • Tryingagainandagain
    Options
    Found it. I lost my thread (in more ways than one:eek:)

I didn;t post yesterday but I am glad to see that I completed most of Monday's list - except the exercise. My excuse was that I had papers all over the floor and there was no room. Pathetic excuse.

I have got to stop making excuses to myself for not doing things:mad: especially when they are things that will be good for me in the medium to long term.

I seem to sabotage myself so often by being lazy or indecisive - too lazy to apply for a job I'd like for example. Over the years this has cost me money, jobs and promotions, friends and numerous opportunities. I don't know whether it's a cause of the depression or a symptom of it but I really need to change this.

Today I am gving myself a stern:( talking-to and will:

do some laundry - an easy one.
    shop for milk, veg and radio times only - no extras.
    shred a few more papers.
    vacuum through.
    make a start on child's pattern - alter pattern, press and cut fabric.
    early dinner
    GO TO CLASS - this is the one I'm most likely to talk myself out of as it's across town and out of my comfort zone when I get there.
    do any "homework" from class
    water plants
    home pedicure/manicure/facial - any of these- I have so many toiletries and cosmetics that I never "get around to using". This time around I am going to put them all to good use.

I've been reading bits of other peoples diaries and find them so inspiring. So many others seem to fight their way through real problems - I will use these to spur me on when i get discouraged (and not just use them as another means of procrastination:rotfl:)
  • Tryingagainandagain
    Options
    I see I missed another day of posting. Perhaps I should make sure I do it when i get up in the morning - then I'll have the whole day to do what I let myself in for here:)

Yesterday I had a very busy day - but luckily no spending necessary - unless I count a few teaspoons of petrol, but I think I'll wait till I fill up:cool:

I sorted out some items and was about to put them onto gumtree - I haven't set up a local freecycle account yet - when I thought I'd check the "wanted" posts. Amongst the requests for brand new cars, phones and computers someone was asking for many of my items.

I dropped them off within the hour - what a result.:j

I had a "meeting" yesterday afternoon- I'm not saying anything about it, even to myself, until I know the outcome as I fear it will cause bad luck.

Quick salad dinner, made the day before, and I was out again to a local social group.

I really feared that my social life would diminish when I left my longstanding job and moved away. Instead I manage to meet up withsome ex-colleagues at least every month. I have also joined several local groups and catch up with family more often.

No wonder I don't get any housework or study done:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Today's plan:
    Breakfast, clear kitchen, take rubbish and recycling.
    Laundry - I want to get at least two loads dry.
    Pot up some plants.
    Vacuum through.
    Lunch and prepare dinner. This will be simple and "Old-Style"
    Studying.
    Dressmaking - my boy's trousers.
    Ironing - I am trying to do at least 6 items a day and will gradually clear the ironing pile.
    Shred a few papers(another bit at a time job.
    Dinner, wash up the lunch and dinner pots. Tidy the kitchen and water my plants.
    Walk or swim.
    Cross Stitch
    Shower etc
    Read a bit
    Bed

I will report back as soon as possible.

Plan for the weekend - EBAY SOMETHING - I've got to get back on the wagon.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport