Not the best predictor

Tryingagainandagain
Tryingagainandagain Posts: 152 Forumite
edited 23 May 2013 at 10:19AM in Debt free diaries
They say that past behaviour is the best predictor of future behaviour.

Well, no more.

My past behaviour has left me with
a cluttered, messy house - not so bad since i moved but still have too much
a garden that needs a huge amount of work - no garden now
the ironing pile from hell - still here
a room full of craft materials that I don't have the space or energy to use
an unhealthy body - just starting to deal with this
no job
little social life apart from lunches with friends
very little money
no idea where to start.:eek:

This cannot go on. I've started to post on the positive steps thread, where people are really supportive but I need a progress log for myself.

The problem arose when I suffered from depression - I am pretty much recovered, but have little energy and procrastinate to the point of paralysis when I need to do something. If I have too much to do I just take myself off to bed and sleep the day away.

TOMORROW THIS WILL CHANGE! I WILL MAKE A NEW START WITH SMALL PROGRESSIVE STEPS.:j:j
Aiming to get healthy in 2014.

Comments

• I like your attitude Tryingagain! :T

Good to hear that you are on the road to recovery, don't be so hard on yourself, you can only do as much as you can :)

How about starting with a good old cup of tea and a list ( as long as you are not one of those people that find list more of a burden than a help) and we can get ticking?

I have subscribed to your thread as I also suffer from procrastination-itus and have found starting my own diary on here has made me push harder to achieve something each day.

PPP x
  • kittiej
    kittiej Posts: 2,564
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Well done on the first post!

what about beginning with the clutter? A clear space = a clear mind :)
    Karma - the consequences of ones acts."It's OK to falter otherwise how will you know what success feels like?"1 debt v 100 days £2000
  • kittiej wrote: »
    Well done on the first post!

what about beginning with the clutter? A clear space = a clear mind :)

What a very good place to start, have a few boxes ready when clearing,
    think rubbish
    think Ebay
    think charity shop
    think keep......
    see where them four steps take you, you will make happy thoughts thinking one you have cleared the clutter, two charity is always needy, three you've made a start to ebay and four, something nice to keep....
    keep on smiling, you'll get there...
    pantherchick x
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 89,805
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Ambassador
    Happy shiney new diary :grin:
    Keep posting!
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Tryingagainandagain
    Tryingagainandagain Posts: 152 Forumite
    edited 12 February 2013 at 5:51PM
    Thank you for your kind replies. I had some good news today - my offer on a flat has been accepted so I will be moving.

My house is of the type that sells very quickly here so I am putting it on the market now.

I have boxes, and the move will hopefully spur me on to clear my clutter. I can't take it with me.

I can also start to apply for jobs as I know where I will be living.

I shall be tackling these things a bit at a time, but I feel I have more direction now.

For today I will be sorting more books and clothes for the charity shops, and sorting out some paperwork.
  • Congratulations on getting the flat :T Great news and an excellent opportunity to clear some clutter!
  • Decluttered a wheelie bin full of rubbish already today, and two old duvets are off to the animal charity for dog beds. I've been meaning to drop these off for months but they were out of the way in the loft.

Lots more books to go today, some bric a brac and some clothes for the charity shops. I still have so much to clear out.

I can't believe I have so much "stuff" in my life. I certainly won't accumulate so many things again.
  • I don't know how I did it but I locked myself out of the forums today.:(:o

Still I'm back now so all's well with my world.

I've decided to do a complete review of my finances this weekend so that I can see what type of job i need to look for.

At the moment I'd like to do something that I can forget about at the end of the working day, but as they don't usually pay much I will have to calculate how many hours I would need to work.

I have packed some boxes ready for my move. I've also done some decluttering to the bin and to charity. I don't have the energy to e-bay yet so I will do that in small amounts when I get motivated.

Looking at the piles of stuff I have, I don't think I'll ever need any more casual clothes, shoes, bags, towels and bedlinen. Nothing there worth selling so I will just put the excess away tidily for the future. I have enough glassware for a pub, but only 4 plates???
    I also have lots of paper, pens, post-its and notepads. I am a bit of a stationery addict. I think I will pass some on to friends' children for drawing.

More packing to do this weekend.
  • I also have lots of paper, pens, post-its and notepads. I am a bit of a stationery addict. I think I will pass some on to friends' children for drawing.

I am a stationery fiend too so can empathise! I am sure your friend will appreciate additional supplies for the kids.

Sounds like you are doing really well. Keep it up! The ebaying will wait until you are ready/got more energy.

I think I will make a start on my clutter too - thanks to your new shiny diary! :D
    Allypops
    Married with 2 children
    SPC5 # 1837- -
    DMP started April 2011 34.5% paid [STRIKE]£78800[/STRIKE]
    DFD: June 2019 DFW Long hauler #286
  • They say that past behaviour is the best predictor of future behaviour.

Well, no more.

My past behaviour has left me with
    a cluttered, messy house
    a garden that needs a huge amount of work
    the ironing pile from hell
    a room full of craft materials that I don't have the space or energy to use
    an unhealthy body
    no job
    little social life apart from lunches with friends
    very little money
    no idea where to start.:eek:

This cannot go on. I've started to post on the positive steps thread, where people are really supportive but I need a progress log for myself.

The problem arose when I suffered from depression - I am pretty much recovered, but have little energy and procrastinate to the point of paralysis when I need to do something. If I have too much to do I just take myself off to bed and sleep the day away.

TOMORROW THIS WILL CHANGE! I WILL MAKE A NEW START WITH SMALL PROGRESSIVE STEPS.:j:j

Well - I thing I'll have to try yet again - apart from moving house I've achieved very little since posting the above.

I now need to reassess my life and keep up with the diary.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport