Weekly Spend Challenge W/C 10th February 2013

Options

Comments

• zaleska3
    zaleska3 Posts: 285 Forumite
    Options
    Righty ho, been sooo busy havent had the time to update on here so here goes:

£100 pledged for this week (starting on saturday)
    Sat: £41 aldi, £3 costa coffee
    Sun: £20 shop (no idea what hubby bought that could possibly come to £20!!)
    Mon: £20 cash out
    Tues: NSD!!

£84/£100 3 days to go..........
    Looking for a fresh start
  • Jonesy88
    Jonesy88 Posts: 959 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Today sadly was a spend day (i bought a mcdonalds!)
    Still this thread has made me more aware of the random things i spend my money on.

Sun: NSD
    Mon: £0.85 made
    Tues: £7.97
    Weds:
    Thurs:
    Fri:

Total: £7.12/£10
    :rudolf: DF by Xmas 2018: #83 £8,250/£15,000 55% :rudolf:
    SPC 7: #135 :staradmin | MFW 9.72% | Groceries: £6.49/£80 | Exercise 0/20 | NSDs 0/15
  • MissMelLady
    Options
    Oh oh. Didn't quite manage a NSD today. Had to get a prescription so thats £7 something. The change from £8 went into my saving pot.

Sealed Pot Challenge #2035 £40.70
    Weekly Spend Challenge w/c 10th November - £3.90/£30.00
    Debt free since 17/10/2013 :j
  • bt1
    bt1 Posts: 443 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Another NSD for me :)

So far...

Sun - £3.00
    Mon - NSD
    Tue - NSD

Wed -
    Thu -
    Fri -
    Sat -

£3.00/£15.00
  • Munchin
    Munchin Posts: 2,816 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Hi all,

Wee bit spendy this week -

Sun - £5.07 (groceries for OH)
    Mon - NSD
    Tues - £7.49 (headache tablets, sarnie & small notebook)

Total - £12.56/£30
  • MissE001
    MissE001 Posts: 797 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Ok dilemma

Now I understand the bus fare and coffee come out of this weeks budget £5.55 / £30

Do the rubber gloves come out of my grocery budget?

Do the curtains come out my misc fund? Plus I need to get some interlining tomorrow from work so that's another £21.60 :eek:

Help :undecided

X

Hi Verityemilia - I'm having a very similar dilemma today! Bought grcoeries and some bits & pieces for having family over on Thursday for DS's birthday (bits & pieces include a couple of bottles of plonk :o). Also bought pancakes and jam to take to work (just because and £2.10 spent)

I've decided to allocate £16.16 of today's spending to this challenge and the rest was groceries.....but I'm now going off to find the grocery challenge!)

£16.16 / £50 :T
    SPC Member #112 :A Save £2k in 2014 # 160 :money:
  • MrDebtWarrior
    MrDebtWarrior Posts: 132 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 13 February 2013 at 9:36AM
    Options
    Had a good day today, under my expectations although I do need to get a bunch of flowers tomorrow.

Sun - £3.59
    Mon - £10.19
    Tues - £10.65

Going well in the week so far!

Aim for Wednesday is £17 spend.

Keep going, you will get there!

• abundant1972
    Options
    Hi All...

Darn... Nipped out for milk and ££££s later came bag with 3 shopping bags of food... loads of stuff on offer, and got some fresh veg and stuff... Am now stocked up with lots of healthy stuff but alas - blew my weekly budget...

Declaring a RED week... £48.57/£40.00 :mad:

Damage limitation from here on!!! Hopefully saved myself money in the long run though as the stuff I bought was all stuff I use anyhow!

Keep up the good work folks!

:D

DFD = August 2027 @ £250/month
    Follow your heart & be true to yourself always
    My life is full of abundance and prosperity
    NST Feb: Food & Spends = £216.51 / £290.00 NSD = 1 /15
    Be kind - Eat well - Exercise - Be mindful
  • Lottie1987
    Options
    Morning everyone!

Casper - Is Arrow any good? We watched the first one it was alright but thought the acting was a bit bad but fight scenes were ace. We have had a friend say that it is really good so deciding whether to give it another shot.

Tues - Train fare to and from work, fudge and raffle ticket from WW meeting (lost half which isn't too bad has put me back to where I was before Xmas) £8.95 spent (£1.05 put into savings pot)

Have a good day everyone xxx
    WSC 13 -14 2 1
  • EverTheOptimist
    Options
    Ok dilemma

Spent £3.40 bus fare
    Spent £2.15 - latte :eek: ( I was cold )
    Spent £10.00 on curtains - Bargain at Wilk**son*
    Spent £0.95 on rubber gloves

Now I understand the bus fare and coffee come out of this weeks budget £5.55 / £30

Do the rubber gloves come out of my grocery budget?

Do the curtains come out my misc fund? Plus I need to get some interlining tomorrow from work so that's another £21.60 :eek:

Help :undecided

X

Hi Verityemilia

Because I am so obsessive over my budget I plan most of my spends at the beginning of the month.

I normally buy toiletries, cleaning products etc from my grocery budget so that would include rubber gloves.

But if I had a planned spend on curtains, furnishings etc then I wouldn't include that in this challenge and would budget separately for it at the beginning of the month. As it would be something I needed, not that I was wasting money on. If it was an unplanned spend then it would come out of my misc fund and I would have to tighten the belt for a number of weeks following.

This would be because I know exactly what money I will have left after bills and saving then I tend to look at what I have planned in the month and divide what's left into spends, groceries and petrol. So any weeks that go over have to be clawed back from following weeks.

Sorry to go on and waffle. Hope it makes sense. But ultimately you have to do what works for you.

ETA - NSD yesterday, all day at work. Stayed late then straight home and couldn't keep my eyes open so no opportunity t spend.

Need to get sawdust tonight and maybe bunny veg. :D nothing planned for me though.
    SPC 14 Target £200 /
    Debt: £11850
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family