DMP & Mutual Support Thread - Part 9

Comments

• Have you checked out the templates on the national debtline website?

Write to the preditor, if you are not not satisfied with the outcome call the FOS helpline.

Financial Ombudsman consumer helpline

Monday to Friday – 8am to 8pm
    Saturday – 9am to 1pm
    • 0800 023 4567
      calls to this number are normally free for people ringing from a "fixed line" phone – but charges may apply if you call from a mobile phone
    Good luck

HHx

Thank you, I will take a look and get some letters sent off, nothing ventured nothing gained!
    DFD 1st January 2016
    Total Debt £4600 01/01/2013
    £4100 15/11/2013 01/11/15 £0 :j
  • Hiya everyone.. I hope you're having good weekends?

I'm just having another paperwork sort out and I opened a letter I got from the bank I recieved yesterday. They are giving me a 'termination notice' I'm guessing that they have been contacted by Stepchange!!
    No notice or anything, just closing my bank account.
    I had a problem because my work paid my salary into this bank account rather than my new account. I took money out but left £100 pound in (as much as I can until my overdraft limit, but as much as I had paid in).. I though I would take the last of the money this weekend, no wonder they declined my transaction!
    Could of done with that as I'm already short this month.

What does it mean? I'm guessing they are going to close the bank account but what about the outstanding balance? Surely they can't expect the full amount immediately?

So far I've had good responses from all my credit cards, there were a few.. Just find the bank as usual totally unhelpful!!

Oh well.. I knew the first month on my DMP might be difficult, let's hope things settle down.

I also need to ring up my works pay office to make sure they pay wages into the right account next month or I will be screwed next month.

:mad:
  • Hiya everyone.. I hope you're having good weekends?

I'm just having another paperwork sort out and I opened a letter I got from the bank I recieved yesterday. They are giving me a 'termination notice' I'm guessing that they have been contacted by Stepchange!!
    I had a problem because my work paid my salary into this bank account rather than my new account. I took money out but left £100 pound in (as much as I can until my overdraft limit, but as much as I had paid in).. I though I would take the last of the money this weekend, no wonder they declined my transaction!

What does it mean? I'm guessing they are going to close the bank account but what about the outstanding balance? Surely they can't expect the full amount immediately?

So far I've had good responses from all my credit cards, there were a few.. Just find the bank as usual totally unhelpful!!

Oh well.. I knew the first month on my DMP might be difficult, let's hope things settle down.

I also need to ring up my works pay office to make sure they pay wages into the right account next month or I will be screwed next month.

:mad:

Does this account have an OD which is included in your DMP? If so, you should have taken everything out that you could immediately and transferred it into your new safe account.

It sounds like the bank are calling in the OD, which is ok if it's included in your DMP. They will probably default you but an early default can be a good thing as it starts the default clock ticking quickly.

Make sure you get it in writing from your work that your salary this month will go in your new account. Once this account is closed, you will not be able to access it at all.
    LBM 10/1/12 ~ DFW Start 6/2/12: £82,344 ~ Now Zero
    :staradmin:starmod::staradmin Debt free 17th April 2015 :staradmin:starmod::staradmin
    Eternal thanks to the DMP & Mutual Support (no.439) and Payment a Day Threads
    Mortgage free 3rd July 2014 - Grateful thanks to the 2013/14 MFW threads
    "Debt is normal. Be weird!" Dave Ramsey
    Proud to have dealt with our debt :)
  • katy_ann wrote: »
    Afternoon all :) Quick update from me, Im still fighting with halifax and hsbc for them to reduce/stop the interest on the od/cc. They dont seem to be registering im on a dmp even after 4 months! Grr oh well, some debts are reducing, others increasing, get there in the end! :)

Make sure you put the request to stop interest in writing. Use the word complaint in your letters and throw in a threat to get the FOS involved if the creditors don't resolve this to your satisfaction.
    :staradmin:starmod::staradmin Debt free 17th April 2015 :staradmin:starmod::staradmin
  • Growurown wrote: »
    Whatever works for you I guess;)

Exactly!

We all have our own way and as long as the debt goes down, all is well :D
  • katy_ann
    katy_ann Posts: 1,088 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Have you asked them to reduce or stop interest in writing Katy_ann?

HHx

Yes :) I only ever corresponde in writing and get a tracked letter sent! Think its time for some FOS threats! Even if they could shave a little off the interest, SC are giving them 109 a month and after charges and interest they have taken around 104 pounds, i wont get far paying a fiver off! lol Thank you :) x
    Debt free once - Back again | Current debt: £3002.96 - January 2023 | Currently repaying £50 a month - Estimated DFD Jan 2028 | Make £2023 in 2023 #51 - £33.75/£2023
  • katy_ann
    katy_ann Posts: 1,088 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Make sure you put the request to stop interest in writing. Use the word complaint in your letters and throw in a threat to get the FOS involved if the creditors don't resolve this to your satisfaction.

Hey thanks you :) Yes I think thats the next step! x
    Debt free once - Back again | Current debt: £3002.96 - January 2023 | Currently repaying £50 a month - Estimated DFD Jan 2028 | Make £2023 in 2023 #51 - £33.75/£2023
  • katy_ann wrote: »
    Hey thanks you :) Yes I think thats the next step! x

Go for it katy_ann!

Good luck and please let us know how you get on :)
  • Exactly!

We all have our own way and as long as the debt goes down, all is well :D

I am in the agreement with this lowering the debt is the important thing but I would love a sprint to the debt finish line instead of the slow crawl.
  • Mossop01
    Mossop01 Posts: 203 Forumite
    Originally Posted by fifitrixiejane
    Hiya everyone.. I hope you're having good weekends?

Hi i too am fretting that my wages wont sucessfully go into new bank account! They do everything by email, so no one to even confirm with over the phone!
    I have a feeling that HSBC (my old bank) are going to be the most difficult, but im just going to keep pestering until they are more helpful!
    Good luck with everything!
    LBM Dec 2012 total debt 33,889 :eek:dmp started March 2013 DFD Dec 2024
    Nov 2015 balance £22,679 going in the right direction!!
    Onwards n upwards!:T
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport