Storage Heater Getting Too Hot ?...Hlp pls

Options
124»

Comments

• Richie-from-the-Boro
    Options
    Duo storage radiators use a combination of 2 heat sources, they've been around a very short time and certainly not from the 90's, from around 2010 I think :

- they have a 13a low wattage radiant element during the day at peak day rate

and

- they have a 20a storage facility during the night usually at off-peak rate

They're virtually 100 year bombproof - literally, it could be on 72 hours a day if the thermostat worked. Apart from the Combined Controls Assembly and elements there's nothing in there but bricks. As I said in a earlier thread if the Combined Assembly is changed it will go back to normal, changing it is a doddle - you'll have more trouble getting the can open than changing the Assembly.

I remain concerned about 3 things then I'll let it go :

- if the [aged] lady is using storage heaters and is not on an E7 tariff the cost is monumentally high.
    - if the thing is running x3 840W elements on 13a + everything else on that ring, that's dangerous
    - it isn't important .. .. its critical that the sparky (1) knows it draws current during the day and (2) checks which ring its on
    Disclaimer : Everything I write on this forum is my opinion. I try to be an even-handed poster and accept that you at times may not agree with these opinions or how I choose to express them, this is not my problem. The Disabled : If years cannot be added to their lives, at least life can be added to their years - Alf Morris - ℜ
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure