Ecotricity reviews: Give your feedback

Options
2»

Comments

• dolly74_2
    dolly74_2 Posts: 111 Forumite
    Options
    I changed from Atlantic because I wanted to try something greener. Have regretted it ever since and am about to switch again. Limited opening hours, ignored emails (even to a "customer champion"), automated emails, no online accounting. The reason it may be greener is because in all areas it has been like going back to the dark ages. My refund took 2 weeks to come back to me rather than the 5 working days I am used to. This time, I am due a refund and asked for it and they haven't even got back to me and that was 3 weeks ago. Yes they may be green but I wish I had tried one if the other green companies instead of Ecotricity. Would never use them again.
  • iproposterous
    Options
    Ecotricity is my current supplier but I am now seriously considering moving back to SSE for a 12 month contract.

I live on a Scottish island and was surprised to get an email from a company who is some 360 miles away from me saying that they were coming to read/check my FITs meter next Wednesday/Thursday.

The wouldn't give me a specific day or time until they arrived on the Island or when they were on their way to my property.

They don't seem to realise that a lot of the post codes where I live have multiple addresses for each code and my post code has 20 other properties listed.

I told them I wouldn't be in and couldn't find anyone to be present for the two days.

I then got another email from Ecotricity threatening me that If I didn't allow them to check/read the meter they are going to suspend my FITs account so I wont get any further payments until my meter is checked/read.

How's that for a caring company where the customer comes first?

Has anyone ever complained to them?
  • Former_MSE_Andrea
    Options
    Are you an ecotricity customer?

Tell other forum members what you think!
    Could you do with a Money Makeover?

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
    MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Twitter, Instagram
    Join the MSE Forum
    Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
    Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
    Point out a rate/product change
    Flag a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories