in Phones & TV
14 replies 1.6K views
2»

Replies

• savemoneysavemoney Forumite
    18.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I set up my phone so it rings certain tunes for family members if it recognizes the number. If is withheld and its a cold caller or those stupid silent calls, I then put number in address book on phone and save them as "Nuisance caller"

I just use a Panasonic DECT phone that has ponphonic tunes in and has caller ID etc on the display, you can get them for about £40
  • malamutemalamute Forumite
    710 Posts
    Infidel wrote: »
    Sure, but what happens if it just caller id, the NHS call will just show up as 'call' or whatever - essentially the same display as when one of the annoying sales reps/automated dialler system calls you.
    Your right but at least the call has got through and chance is that the call will go to the answer system (if set up) if the recipient does not pick up.
    As long as people are aware that legitimate organisations also use caller withheld as the routine mode of making contact by phone.
  • ckerrdckerrd Forumite
    2.6K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you are with BT you can take out BT Privacy at home. This gives you caller display and anonymous call rejection - and is free if I recall correctly
    We all evolve - get on with it
  • dave_dphdave_dph Forumite
    586 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    ckerrd wrote: »
    If you are with BT you can take out BT Privacy at home. This gives you caller display and anonymous call rejection - and is free if I recall correctly

BT Privacy includes Caller Display and they offer to register you with the Telephone Preference Service, see http://www.tpsonline.org.uk/tps/

Anonymous Caller Rejection is not part of BT Privacy, this is classed as a premium feature and costs £4 per month.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Alexa, tell me some top tips

How can this Forumite maximise their smart speaker?

Join the Forum discussion

State pension shortfalls for women

MPs call it a 'shameful shambles'

MSE News