Carillion Plc, Warmfront - HELP ME PLEASE

Options
I really hope someone can help as I am just going nowhere with this.

My Dad is a pensioner and he was on PCGC which meant he was eligible for a new boiler through the Warmfront scheme, This was fitted in April 2011 - all was well.

In November, it packed up. As more than 30 days since fitting, warmfront passed it onto Carillion who came out and said he needed a part and would come back - since then, despite 3 calls a week to them, the parts have not been in stock.

I have spoken to them and been told the part is like Hens teeth in the UK at the moment. My Dad has spoken to the parts company who say they have 13 in stock and they cost £6 but if my Dad buys it, carillino won't fit it and there are 2 other parts that need fitting too.

He has been without heating and hot water for 8 weeks now and is in failing health.

I have tried to complain to his MP who says he will write to Carillion and find out what is happening but nothing seems to be moving. My dad is old and he is cold and I just don/'t know what to do?
I currently manage a Housing Benefit service and have been working in Housing / council tax benefit (as was) since 2001.

All views expressed in my posts are my own opinions and do not necessarily reflect those of my employer.

Comments

• Bongedone
    Bongedone Posts: 2,457 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Call you local environmental health. They can put pressure on Warmfront/Carillion as they will have a working relationship with them
  • gb12345
    gb12345 Posts: 3,055 Forumite
    edited 30 January 2013 at 12:34PM
    Options
    If you really are a Carillion employee then you are breaking the site rules by posting without being authorised.

@OP, this person could be any body - do got give them any personal details until they have been approved by MSE as a representative of the company.
  • chicken_licken_3
    Options
    Just want to second this, someone contacted me recently on the forum stating they were an employee of such and such and wanted to deal with a issue I'd commented on.

When I challenged the person about not being verified by MSE, they've disappeared from the forum.
  • ivavoucher
    ivavoucher Posts: 529 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    edited 30 January 2013 at 12:23PM
    Options
    Come on Jamie McDonald get your self authorised and get this sorted.

Makes me sick to my stomach when I think how this senior has been treated.

Shame on you Carillion :-(

OP, have you considered calling out british gas and paying them to fix, then claiming it back from Carillion.
  • ivavoucher
    Options
    I hope this has been sorted now.
  • fluffymovie
    fluffymovie Posts: 1,417 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi All,

Realised I hadn't updated you. I am really pleased to report that my Dad does now have hot water and a working boiler but not, it seems thanks to Carillion

Despite promises of call backs from Managers, nothing until his MP contacted and then, the director of the parts department himself rang my Dad to say an engineer would be round in an hour. He came round, fitted a part and it was all done! How this couldn't have been done any sooner than this I still don't understand.

I complained to DECC but they wrote back to say that as we had an open complaint, they wouldn't look at it. My Dad received a letter from a Manager saying that they would be looking into it but I am concerned that now the boiler is working, they will close the complaint so asked my Dad to ask them to contact me regarding compensation for the almost 10 weeks he was without heating and had to use bar fires at a cost of approx £40 pw. They said it wouldn't be an issue and would contact me last week! Despite giving them a 2nd week, no reply. As such, I will be replying to DECC to explain that no contact has been made regarding my complaint.

I will also be taking this matter to the local papers as it really isn't good enough!
    I currently manage a Housing Benefit service and have been working in Housing / council tax benefit (as was) since 2001.

All views expressed in my posts are my own opinions and do not necessarily reflect those of my employer.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure