How long to ESA decisions take, after questionaires are sent back?

Options
124»

Comments

• outtawork
    outtawork Posts: 210 Forumite
    Options
    l re applied for ESA in in Oct following a failed tribunal, citing a change of circumstances, sent back the ESA50 questionnaire 27th Feb & I am still waiting to hear when l will have the medical.l am still receiving the basic ESA payment plus low rate care for DLA.
  • outtawork
    Options
    Finally got my medical, 9th Oct. which is almost a year since l re applied for ESA & 7 months since l sent back the ESA50. Had an MRI for my back recently as l have 2 slipped discs as well, but the results won't be here in time.
  • outtawork
    Options
    Well my appointment was today & it got cancelled. Not to worry though l have time to get the results of the MRI scan & a letter of support from my doctor.
  • LostandAfraid
    Options
    I am being migrated from income support,they have had my form for over 16 weeks now,my husband calls them and they say there is a massive backlog so I have no idea when I will hear anything.

At the beginning of August they told him that they had sent out a report to my gp and had got it all back okay but when we were last in to see my gp we asked about it and she said she had not received any report to fill in,my husband rang them when we got home and they admitted they had never sent one and said that we should never have been told they had!

Can't help feeling the whole thing is a mess,my gp wrote a supporting letter,she stated in that letter exactly how my illness affects me and that I need supervision for the majority of the time for my own safety amongst other things,honestly I know they are busy but mine is hardly rocket science,read what the gp wrote,actually believe her because it is more than her job is worth to lie and let's be honest why on earth would she lie anyway and process it!

Sorry I know I sound angry but this whole thing is bringing me down so much and I actually find it quite cruel that despite knowing how ill people are they are making it a whole lot worse by adding stress to a situation that is already painful enough and treating people like liars.

They told my husband to forward additional evidence to the 'scrutiny team',they make me feel like a criminal and how they could think that most people would actually go through this if there was any other choice is beyond me,honestly go through this or go to work? I know what I would rather do but I am not able to take the second option so I have to go through this,this is not something I would do if I was honestly well enough to work,i would love to have that choice but they make me feel like all of this is something I wanted in life.
  • outlooks
    outlooks Posts: 19 Forumite
    Options
    My situation is my social worker sent ESA50 back 17 weeks ago and I have heard absolute nothing since, My only thought is because I was under section and in hospital at the time it was sent they are waiting for me to get better then fail me.

I don't have the luxury to ring them as I have a financial appointee who deals with the monetary side of things, Keep ringing social worker up and he says everything will be fine, No news is good news, eg. Community nurse says same thing but its not stopping me getting more worried and worried about things.
  • Parva
    Parva Posts: 1,104 Forumite
    edited 10 October 2013 at 4:09AM
    Options
    outlooks wrote: »
    My situation is my social worker sent ESA50 back 17 weeks ago and I have heard absolute nothing since, My only thought is because I was under section and in hospital at the time it was sent they are waiting for me to get better then fail me.

I don't have the luxury to ring them as I have a financial appointee who deals with the monetary side of things, Keep ringing social worker up and he says everything will be fine, No news is good news, eg. Community nurse says same thing but its not stopping me getting more worried and worried about things.
    So phone them then. Don't give this story about not being able to, come on, do I have to find the number for you?

EDIT: Further to this, I gather you are still in receipt of benefits thus far?
  • outlooks
    outlooks Posts: 19 Forumite
    Options
    Parva wrote: »
    So phone them then. Don't give this story about not being able to, come on, do I have to find the number for you?

EDIT: Further to this, I gather you are still in receipt of benefits thus far?

Thanks but I really am unable to phone them because all my benefits letters get sent to my appointee at social services, They give me a set amount of money a week to live off. I used to look after my own money but after a bad bipolar episode it was thought best I have an appointee which is working out okayish because its their responsibility to sort my benefits out.
  • LostandAfraid
    Options
    outlooks wrote: »

Try not to think like that outlooks,i don't think they are waiting for you to get better to fail you,i honestly think they genuinely do have a huge backlog in some areas,i have heard a lot of talk about people in some areas waiting for months so I do believe they are weighed down.

I think perhaps they hope people might recover whilst waiting which would obviously be lovely if it did happen but although I doubt them on a lot of things I don't doubt that they are simply very behind and those of us with a benefit in place wont be a priority because we already have something although I hate that fear as each payment day approaches in case something has happened and it's not there!
  • jonip11
    Options
    i received a text saying that my new esa has been awarded,could anyone tell me what happens next please?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure