How long to ESA decisions take, after questionaires are sent back?

Options

Comments

• Brassedoff
    Brassedoff Posts: 1,217 Forumite
    Options
    Completed mine on the 20th September 2012, got a letter informing me of support group on 18th January.

Got a further letter the day after informing me my total award was credits of £5.75 a day later as I get no ESA, HB etc.

Don't know why I bothered!
  • satarical
    satarical Posts: 211 Forumite
    Options
    kazzah60 wrote: »
    Ok it's late at night and I am probably missing something vital - but how is it better to submit no evidence, have a meeting , get turned down and have to appeal, rather than sending in the evidence and getting the correct outcome straight away?

surely for the poster- their outcome was ideal for them?

Put it this way, why do you think that ATOS want you to do all of the work and gather the evidence?

ATOS know what the public think of them, so by being a little clever and asking you to do the work that they should do, they can claim that at last they are getting it right first time. You are simply enabling them to look good.

ATOS hasn't changed, it's just that you are ending up doing the work that they are paid to do!

Nothing will change if people like you are enabling them. The truth is still the same - it's just getting hidden now.

If say everyone submitted all of their evidence, can you just imagine what ATOS would be like - the politicians would be crowing that things have now improved dramatically.

We have to keep on bringing ATOS to book, helping them to do their job will never prove that they are a complete waste of space.

Does it really matter if you have to have a F2F, or they report a load of lies or that you fail the assessment?
    What does matter is that their inability to do the job they are paid to do is constantly brought to the attention of the Tribunal Service. Flood the system with appeals!!

I'm sorry but your attitude is one that you don't care about the system or those that fail just as long as you don't get any hastle and you are awarded what you think you should have. Totally selfish!!
  • satarical
    satarical Posts: 211 Forumite
    edited 2 February 2013 at 2:36AM
    Options
    kazzah60 wrote: »
    well, I am probably sticking my head above the parapet - ready to get shot down - but is it in any way possible that you came across as arrogant, awkward and obstructive to the HCP ? ;)

I went in very nervous and embarrassed about speaking about my condition and she was lovely, put me at my ease. My husband answered a question once and she nicely but firmly told him she needed ME to answer- I guess we could have got all shirty - but she was right - she did need to hear it from me

I have read some horrendous reports about medicals - so I was nervous - but I had a good outcome, so for me the experience was OK

No doubt I did. But ATOS are there to do a job - assess me for ESA, and not give an opinion to the DWP as to my conduct.
    Whenever I deal with 'authority' yes I can be 'upfront'. I certainly will not accept an under qualfied individual talk to me in the manner and tone as he did. How I talk and deal with people should have no bearing on the outcome. If the guy doesn't like the fact that I will not be spoken down to that is his problem. Yes the assessment did get just a little bit personal at times.

I went in on my own the last time and intend to do so again this time round. My wife stays in the waiting room - she is not being assessed so she is not required to be a party to it.
  • gemmaking
    gemmaking Posts: 422 Forumite
    Options
    Parva wrote: »
    I sent my ESA form in on 28/12/12 (didn't actually have to be in until mid-January) and have just today got the letter informing me I've been put into the support group.

Was this a first claim? or renewual ?
  • Simmouk_3
    Options
    I applied for ESA in August last year after having a nervous breakdown, I received the medical questionnaire in November 2012, filled in and returned within a week. In the mean time have had counselling, and been referred to psychiatrist. Have been diagnosed with severe depression, Anxiety, rejection, yada yada. My condition has got worse and led to attempted suicide and severe weight loss.
    I got my first appointment for medical on 1st of may 2013, which was then cancelled by them on the day, second appointment on 15th may 2013, again cancelled by them on the day, third appointment on the 4th june 2013, again cancelled by them on the day. Forth appointment 25th June, which they tried to cancel on the day but i told them they were making my health worse and that i refused to let them cancel. I took evidence to the appointment from my CPN and GP and the doctor who saw me at the appointment said " Your really not well are you"
    Now waiting for decision, so all in all been the process for 11 months
  • gilly56
    gilly56 Posts: 85 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    To keep cancelling your appointments like that is a disgrace. Hope it goes well for you and you don't have long to wait for the result. I have heard of appeals taking up to one year, but 11 months for an initial application seems excessive indeed.
  • Saversue
    Saversue Posts: 1,918 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    It took 4 weeks and 4 days to get my ESA Support Group (No Medical) from the day the forms were due back on 14th June. Sent them to arrive a few days before due by Recorded Delivery.
    Got a phone call on 16th July and the letter on 19th July.
  • SailorSam
    SailorSam Posts: 22,754 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I posted my Esa50 form off yesterday, so it seems i'm in for quite a long wait. When i read another thread on here earlier that Atos is to lose their monopoly i thought maybe that will be a good thing if they're running scared making to many mistakes.
    Liverpool is one of the wonders of Britain,
    What it may grow to in time, I know not what.

Daniel Defoe: 1725.
  • Kavalactone
    Kavalactone Posts: 26 Forumite
    Options
    It took 4 weeks for me to hear back. They sent a letter just telling me I've been moved from the Work Group to the Support Group with no medical required.
  • johngis
    Options
    Pippin12 wrote: »
    In my view this is a big mistake. I sent in six letters with my ESA50 - one each from my consultant, CPN, Occupational therapist, GP and two friends and Atos dealt with my case with out the need for a face to face assessment. I passed and was put into the support group. In the ESA85A Atos state that they used my letters as evidence in coming to their decision.

An ESA 85A is a report from an Atos assessor on a claimant's limited capability for work/work related activity without a face to face assessment.

The Atos assessor's prognosis is only a recommendation which can be, and frequently is, over-ridden by a Jobcentreplus decision maker.

Jobcentreplus decision maker, makes the final decision, not Atos.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure