My baby went to sleep

Options
2»

Comments

• murphydog999
    murphydog999 Posts: 1,598 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Today is the 6th anniversary of Murph being PTS, the horror/realisation/act of it never leaves you, and I'm sad that its happened to you, as it will inevitably for all us pet owners. Best wishes x
  • VanMan2007
    Options
    huskypup wrote: »
    Thank you everyone, it is so hard, she had been ill for a few months - and I know in my head we made the right decision, but my heart is torn.

We did what we had to do for her, and had to put our feelings aside.

Now we must do what we can for Lucca, he just looks so sad, the thing I am finding hard, is she was the cuddly one, where as Lucca is the more aloof one he is happy with a stroke as you walk past, he doesnt like cuddles on the sofa, though he was enjoying the cat washing him when I went home at lunchtime.

Hopefully he will be ok in a day or so - as will we I am sure.

So sorry for your loss. You may find that the dynamic in your house changes over time and Lucca becomes more affectionate. It happened to a friend of mine. The otherwise slightly aloof pet actually became more friendly. Like he was politely waiting his turn for the fuss.

It's not an easy few weeks/months for you. I wish you the best.
  • Katiehound
    Katiehound Posts: 7,591 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Everyone has said it already, there is no doubt that you did the right thing. Would you want to keep your pet alive under any circumstances, in pain and with no quality of life?

No, of course you wouldn't , so don't beat yourself up, it's hard enough that there is a huge empty dog sized gap in your life.

This is what a friend wrote when I lost my beautiful hound more than three years ago, I think it will as true for you as it was for me:
    "You must have so many happy memories of her, and of course lovely photos. You gave her a full and happy life, and very bravely, the opportunity of a calm and dignified end. She was as lucky to have you as her owner as you were to have her. I know she will be missed by her human and doggy friends."

I had planned to wait months and months before getting another dog but my old boy pined so much that I found another hound to rehome about 2 months later.
    I still miss my Katie hound.

Take care
    Being polite and pleasant doesn't cost anything! --
    Many thanks
    -Stash bust:in 2022:337
    Stash bust :2023. 120duvets, 24 bags, 43 dog coats, 2 scrunchies, 10 mittens, 6 bootees, 8 glass cases, 2 A6 notebooks, 59 cards, 6 lav bags,36 angels,9 bones, 1 knee blanket, 1 lined bag,3 owls, 88 pyramids = total 420 total spend £5. Total for 'Dogs for Good' £546.82

2024:23 Doggy duvets,30 pyramids, 6 hottie covers, 4 knit hats,13 crochet angels,1 shopper, 87cards=164 £88.25 spent!!!
  • katholicos
    katholicos Posts: 2,658 Forumite
    Options
    Part of our loving them is about letting them go, doing what is right for them, even though it breaks our hearts. (((Hugs)))
    Grocery Challenge for October: £135/£200

NSD Challenge: October 0/14
  • courtney22
    Options
    Big hugs to u and your family, think u feel guilty because ur missing him but deep down u no it was right u wouldn't want him in pain, and sounds to me he was well loved and he would of known this x
  • zaksmum
    zaksmum Posts: 5,529 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    So very sorry for your loss.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts