Freeview Hard Disk Recorder

Options
My trusty VCR has decided to switch off and will not switch back on without totally removing the electrical supply when ever i press any of the functions (record, play etc.)

As i am in the first region for the big digital switch over next year it makes sense to replace rather than fix with a digital receiver.

Any recommendations, min 80hd and if possible 2 tuners, would also consider 2nd user if in excellent condition.

TIA.

Comments

• mcfisco
    mcfisco Posts: 1,955 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Can't go far wrong with a Humax 9200T
    I have long known that it is part of God's plan for me to spend a little time with each of the most stupid people on earth.
  • dc
    dc Posts: 2,547 Forumite
    Options
    Must agree with mcfisco, currently around £169.

However this Panasonic DVD recorder is a cheaper alternative, doesnt have a hard drive but you can timeslip with a DVD-Ram disc.
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=439390

HTHs dc
    ac's lovechild
  • KEM
    KEM Posts: 212 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'd recommend the Humax 9200T as well.
    Very happy with mine - bought it in February 2006 and it's brilliant.
    :)
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I love mt Topfield TF5800. Had it a year nothing has gone wrong. Very easy to use and has twin tuner. But it's a bit more expensive than some of the others on the market.
  • Mr_Meanie
    Mr_Meanie Posts: 297 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I've had a Humax 9200T for 18 months now, I think it's absolutely brilliant.
    I love my spell checker, it stops me making all sorts of stupid smelling mistakes. :doh:
  • Jzpop
    Jzpop Posts: 216 Forumite
    Options
    Just got my copy of Which magazine today. They rate the Logik LPV 2250 as their best buy (scored 86%), the Humax second (79%), followed by the Topfield (78%). Apparently the Logik is the 'new kid on the block', and causing quite a storm. Note that Logik is the name that Currys give it - it is actually a re-badged TVonics (?).

Doesn't mean that the other two are bad machines, of course (before the happy but indignant Humax owners start flaming me :) )
  • Applejack
    Options
    I've had a Humax 9200T for just over 2 years and have never looked back. The guys at Humax regularly release firmware upgrades which give new features.

It's even got it's own user forums where you can ask experts for help if you want to know anything - http://www.hummy.org.uk/ . The site is not connected to Humax, but the staff do read it and take it into account when deciding which new features to implement.
  • tweeter
    tweeter Posts: 3,958 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Worth a look on these forums http://www.avforums.com/forums/index.php
    Peel back your baby's eyelid to find no nationality or religious identity mark there. Peer at your baby's eyes for them to reflect back just people-throw away your flags and religious symbols...

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure