We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
EDF variable Direct Debit
I was with Scottish power for a couple of years and had a fixed direct debit. Scottish power would set the DD once a year and then I would get in touch with them and change the amount (I would overpay). I managed to balance my winter/summer consumption and had everything set nicely.... the summer overpayment cancelled out the winter underpayment.
Since changing to EDF I have been put on a variable direct debit... which has changed 3 times in approx 5 months.
I've emailed them to request my direct debit be fixed...so I can manage it myself...but they wrote back to tell me it wasnt possible...it had to be variable.
Anyone else tried this with EDF? I would rather manage my own direct debit and balance my high winter consumption against my low summer consumption...
Since changing to EDF I have been put on a variable direct debit... which has changed 3 times in approx 5 months.
I've emailed them to request my direct debit be fixed...so I can manage it myself...but they wrote back to tell me it wasnt possible...it had to be variable.
Anyone else tried this with EDF? I would rather manage my own direct debit and balance my high winter consumption against my low summer consumption...
0
Comments
-
0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards