Shafted by Capital Bank Leasure

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Praise, Vent & Warnings
11 replies 1.5K views
Betty_Boo_5Betty_Boo_5 Forumite
6 Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Praise, Vent & Warnings
I put my touring caravan with a brooker tio sell for me ,well he did but he never paid my finance of then the brooker went into liqudation got in touch with Capital Bank and asked for my caravan back because it is still on finance told more or less to go away and just get on with paying £24,101,60 for somthing i have not got told Capital Bank that the brooker under section 56 Consumer Credit Act was acting as there agent and they say he was not there agent i am still trying to pay this caravan of but it is a burden to my finance my own finance company not interested as long as they are getting ££££££££££££££ SOME ONE PLEASE HELP.

Replies

• maninthestreetmaninthestreet Forumite
    16.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You are going to have to give is some more information, and in a coherent and comprehensible manner - please try to use sentences, with full stops and a capital letter at the beginning. You say you sold the caravan via a broker, but you don't have it in your possession and are bring asked to pay for it??
    "You were only supposed to blow the bl**dy doors off!!"
  • I put the caravan on the brokers site in Preston Docks in October 2004.The broker sold it in November 2004 but never informed me which he was told to do and to pay my finance company the money,but he never. I phoned every week to ask if the caravan was sold yet but was told it was still there i never questioned that because it was winter after all. The broker went into liqudation in May 2005 i was told by the receivers that there would not be any money left to pay myself and the other 8 people that he did the same thing to but i would not have that as i think that people should not be treated like that.I phoned the CRIS records and found out that hte caravan was on finance with Capital Bank my finance is with Black Horse.
  • I phoned Capital Bank and told them what had happened and they told me that they would get in touch with Black Horse to see if the caravan was there property, which on the agreement that was signed it states that the caravan is the property of the finance company until the last payment is made, well all Black Horse said to Capital Bank was that they had a intrest in it and i have tried every since to get the caravan back and i have been paying for it ever since.
  • HugoRune_2HugoRune_2 Forumite
    2.9K Posts
    I dont get it, are there 2 lots of finance on the caravan?
    Aha, so thats how you do a signature!
  • maninthestreetmaninthestreet Forumite
    16.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Betty Boo - it seems like the caravan wasn't yours to sell in the first place - there was oustanding finance on it, and it remains the property of the finance company until you have made the final payment. It's not the two finance companies involved that ripped you off, it was the broker.
    "You were only supposed to blow the bl**dy doors off!!"
  • mpythonmpython Forumite
    3.7K Posts
    I'm really confused by this thread.

Surely if the caravan belonged to the finance provider, BettyBoo never had permision to ask someone else to sell it? & the caravan still belongs to the finance provider, so whoever currently has physical possession needs to be found & the caravan retrieved. It'll be this person, rather than BettyBoo who has been ripped off by the broker?

(Unless this is a troll?)
    From MSE Martin - Some General Tips On Holiday Home Organisations and Sales Meetings

DO NOT TOUCH ANY OF THEM WITH A BARGEPOLE!
  • I did inform my finance company that i was putting the caravan with the broker,they sent me a settlement figure that was given to the broker.
    My complaint against Capital Bank is that they knew there was finance outstanding but paid the broker the money on the understanding that he paid it of and that was from there mouths not mine.In my opinion that is Negligence on there behalf,they have also said that the broker was not there agent. So as you say the caravan is the proprety of my finance company so why dont they ask for it back. I am paying all this money for somthing i no longer have so i think someone could help me sort it out.
  • HugoRune wrote: »
    I dont get it, are there 2 lots of finance on the caravan?

Yes there is two lots of finance on this caravan, Both finance companys have taken the finance of the HPI records so if some one HPIs the caravan it will come up with no finance on it so who is covering up what has happened.
  • mpython wrote: »
    I'm really confused by this thread.

Surely if the caravan belonged to the finance provider, BettyBoo never had permision to ask someone else to sell it? & the caravan still belongs to the finance provider, so whoever currently has physical possession needs to be found & the caravan retrieved. It'll be this person, rather than BettyBoo who has been ripped off by the broker?

(Unless this is a troll?)

Yes i agree with you i fell sorry for the person who has this caravan because at any time that this mess gets sotred out he will be a loser like myself i have been ripped of, upto date i have paid around £5000.00 more on this caravan.
  • mpythonmpython Forumite
    3.7K Posts
    Do you know who currently has the caravan? - if not, will Capital/ Black Horse provide this information to you? If you know who has it, then you can get it back - you may need to speak to a lawyer/ Citizen Advice Bureau about the best way to do this (court order etc). Once you have possession again you can then sell it properly or use it.
    From MSE Martin - Some General Tips On Holiday Home Organisations and Sales Meetings

DO NOT TOUCH ANY OF THEM WITH A BARGEPOLE!
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Energy price cap could be extended beyond 2023

New plans have just been announced by the Government

MSE News

Cheap contents insurance for tenants

DON'T assume your landlord covers you

MSE Guides

Summer sizzlers round-up

Incl £2ish sun cream & £1.50 disposable BBQs

MSE Deals