Balancing not just the budget

Options

Comments

• MuffinTops
    MuffinTops Posts: 2,477 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic Combo Breaker
    Options
    It is definitely officially their loss. It's good that your attitude about is so positive though.

Spa day sounds really well deserved.

MTxx
  • MuffinTops
    Options
    I'd be happy to list out what I did to ensure I received the bank account rewards :D
  • RosaBernicia
    Options
    MuffinTops wrote: »
    I'd be happy to list out what I did to ensure I received the bank account rewards :D

ooh thanks MT, that would be really helpful :A - as it would help me understand how much effort is involved! Once I no longer have to do shuffling with debt accounts I think I will have a little more brain space available for getting free money to go towards my SAVINGS! :eek::D:j I have had a quick look at the bank accounts page and can already see that I could potentially make £10 a month with an in-credit bonus on one and a cashback bonus on another, so need to figure out what's involved and when best to do it. I suppose if I could do it in 20 mins or so that would still be rather well paid time :D

Clearly I am going to need new challenges once I get the debts finally sorted! Oh, and I have already found another £100 to put towards pay off - one underspend for this month, and one spend not needed next month :) . Have I bored you all yet this week with how much I love my YNAB? :rotfl:

Rosa xx

Debt free May 2016... DFW#2 in progress
    Campervan paid off summer '21... MFW progress tbc
  • MuffinTops
    Options
    Getting the accounts needed a bit of work, but getting the rewards each month doesn't. My brain is frazzled tonight but I'll be back on tomorrow to go through my experiences for you.

Yay to YNAB! I can never get sick of hearing about it as it's the biggest money saver and organiser for me that I've ever had.

MTxx
  • RosaBernicia
    RosaBernicia Posts: 4,877 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Well after waiting and waiting for a response either way I logged into the job site today and I was right - no go. Now I know it logically seems like I ought to be upset because I put a lot of effort into it, and it's a logical progression from where I am... but I have to confess that I actually feel relieved. It would have meant a lot more of the parts of the job I don't like, and wouldn't guarantee me more of the parts I do. So I think it's time to let that idea go - no, actually, I mean put it down and walk away from it. As I said before, it's their loss as I know my abilities and now I need to find a way of using them in work I genuinely love.

Being DF will allow me rather more freedom in what I do next, as I can stop worrying about funding debts and college. So having got the interview out of the way, I now just have college to focus on. I've decided to just chill about everything else and see what happens :) . Bit unusual for me but probably about time :D

Rosa xx
  • kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Hi Rosa, sorry I've not dropped in for a bit - need to catch up on your diary but after reading your latest post, errr, well done on not getting the job you didn't really want after all ... congratulations on your non-new-job :beer::rotfl:
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• moneyonmymindsam
    Options
    You will do it and the right thing will come along :_)

Keep you chin up ...as you say million percent their loss ;P
    Grocery challenge Feb £107/£100-epic fail due to cake and biscuits
    🌟
  • bellevie
    bellevie Posts: 874 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I know the feeling you describe, I have felt it in the past - and its always turned out to be the 'right' decision - even if I haven't made that decision myself!

It definitely wont do any harm to chill out - though it can be easier said than done :)
    MFW
    Starting debt :£287,410 -11/2020

2022 Closing balance £271,402.45 

2023 closing balance £263140

Original end 11/2045 
    New end date :....... 

Overpayments to date £514.4 (1/24)

• ZTD
    ZTD Posts: 24,327 Forumite
    Options
    Well after waiting and waiting for a response either way I logged into the job site today and I was right - no go. Now I know it logically seems like I ought to be upset because I put a lot of effort into it, and it's a logical progression from where I am... but I have to confess that I actually feel relieved. It would have meant a lot more of the parts of the job I don't like, and wouldn't guarantee me more of the parts I do. So I think it's time to let that idea go - no, actually, I mean put it down and walk away from it. As I said before, it's their loss as I know my abilities and now I need to find a way of using them in work I genuinely love.

I may be mistaken, but this isn't the first job you've went in for, that you didn't actually want. Would you not be suited to sitting down and analysing what you want and (equally, if not more importantly) what you don't want from a job?

Or do you already know and just refuse to stick to it? :p
    "Follow the money!" - Deepthroat (AKA William Mark Felt Sr - Associate Director of the FBI)
    "We were born and raised in a summer haze." Adele 'Someone like you.'
    "Blowing your mind, 'cause you know what you'll find, when you're looking for things in the sky."
    OMD 'Julia's Song'
  • RosaBernicia
    RosaBernicia Posts: 4,877 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    kerri_gt wrote: »
    Hi Rosa, sorry I've not dropped in for a bit - need to catch up on your diary but after reading your latest post, errr, well done on not getting the job you didn't really want after all ... congratulations on your non-new-job :beer::rotfl:

:rotfl::rotfl::T thanks Kerri, and you are all quite right - I didn't really want it, and Z is right that I've done this before (in fact I have half a CV full of qualifications I got while working to fund the thing I really want to do and am still at college for!). This time I only did it because it would have given me a job to go to in a different part of the country. I've had a good rant to both my manager and a friend this evening and we have concluded the system is bonkers, and I still feel it's their loss anyhow :p so full steam on with college and a new life where I want all of it. :j

Rosa xx

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family