Balancing not just the budget

Options

Comments

• RosaBernicia
    RosaBernicia Posts: 4,877 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Moggies are very sweet thank you, little lap cat is watching me type and I have already apologised that I'm going to her that have to get up again as dinner is cooking :D am sure she'd be happy to come and help warm your toes. So would lots of lovely moggies in your local shelter... maybe another thought for this year? :)

Yes, here's to us as DF :beer: really feels doable this time!

Rosa xx
    Debt free May 2016... DFW#2 in progress
    Campervan paid off summer '21... MFW progress tbc
  • RosaBernicia
    Options
    Grateful that I have a good safe job and lovely colleagues... though confess I would love an extra couple of days off to just chill. I have allocated all my annual leave for studying and haven't enough to take any now. Still, hopefully it's the last push and then college will be all done :). In the meantime, I am trying not to worry about decluttering and focusing on just getting through the first week back plus a bit of potential interview prep.

My first income To Be Budgeted popped up in YNAB today :T and was promptly allocated to the Last Card. Managing not to spend much at the minute and hoping to get to payday with enough to clear everything except the car loan. My categories are all still green - there's even a few quid in the Stuff I Forgot To Budget For category :rotfl:which I think I will be needing in this first couple of months with the new system. I'm also watching my Age of Money go up and although I have no idea how they work this out or why it should be fascinating I love it - it's like a little reward every time the number goes up!

Oh, and I adore the Desire Map planner. I'm not getting any more done than with other ones, but I feel better about what I'm doing and am choosing better things to do iyswim :)

Rosa xx
  • moneyonmymindsam
    Options
    Stuff I Forgot To Budget For category !!! Quite simply brilliant
    :T
    Grocery challenge Feb £107/£100-epic fail due to cake and biscuits
    🌟
  • moneyonmymindsam
    Options
    Hope you are good :-)
    🌟
  • RosaBernicia
    Options
    All good here thanks... not much been happening tbh so not much to report!

Budget is ticking along fine, a little confusion caused by spending on a credit card before expenses payment came in but hopefully once am past the first paycheque things will seem more straightforward.

Have been swotting for a work thing the last few days but it's done now so just waiting to hear what next. Trying to think of what I want to reward myself with and can't think of anything! actually it's worse, what I want most after all the Christmas lunacy and giving up evenings is to spend the evening goddessing (as Lula would put it) and have a ridiculously early night :rotfl:. So I might just do that :D

Rosa xx
  • moneyonmymindsam
    Options
    GODDESSING ....wow..now you are speaking my language. Must learn that as a hobby every Sunday night. :-)
    🌟
  • MuffinTops
    MuffinTops Posts: 2,477 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic Combo Breaker
    Options
    I always think of a few on here as Goddesses as they're so organised and clutter free. Both you and Sam are included in that! :D

I hope all's going well for you Rosa. MTxx
  • RosaBernicia
    Options
    Haha, goddessing was Lula-Hula's expression for pampering - I rather like it. My version means basically a return to teenage type half hour showers following intensive conditioners and face packs! And yes, 'tis a very good Sunday night activity :) especially when combined with fresh white cotton bedsheets imho.

All ok here - still plodding. Budget for next month is a little tighter than I would like, as I still want to pay off the Last Card, but we'll see.

Rosa xx
  • kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Haha, goddessing was Lula-Hula's expression for pampering - I rather like it. My version means basically a return to teenage type half hour showers following intensive conditioners and face packs! And yes, 'tis a very good Sunday night activity :) especially when combined with fresh white cotton bedsheets imho.

All ok here - still plodding. Budget for next month is a little tighter than I would like, as I still want to pay off the Last Card, but we'll see.

Rosa xx

Ohh lovely rosa, I treated myself to a lush bubble bar and bath bomb last time I was out shopping in nearby Big Town for a night like that too :D only thing is I like having a bath like that in a freshly cleaned bathroom, so I have to clean the bathroom beforehand :rotfl:

Hope all well with you Rosa x
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• MuffinTops
    MuffinTops Posts: 2,477 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic Combo Breaker
    Options
    I've been looking at next month's budget too. Time to get really organised now so will also have a bit of a tight month. As there's just the 29 days in Feb this year, I feel this is the least painful tight month! :o

I like your version of godessing! Especially the fresh bedsheets after a lovely bath.

I hope you're having a great week. MTxx
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure