Ryanair - refusing travel insurance

Options
2»

Comments

• budgetflyer
    budgetflyer Posts: 5,949 Forumite
    Options
    You have a cooling off period with travel insurance anyway so even if you "accidently" booked it, you can still get it cancelled and refunded.
  • 2sides2everystory
    Options
    callum9999 wrote: »
    They're welcome to, I'm just curious how moronic they are!
    Oh so you've both woken up to a world of trolls and morons, eh? Must be so exciting to find those in your mirrors every morning.

Meantime you'll no doubt experience involuntary shudders of delight to learn that I have just fallen foul of Ryanair discrimination against UK based passengers again and it has cost me about 2.5 euros.

There's me thinking that now the Ryanair Cash Passport nonsense has been well knocked on the head by OFT & CAA I could now safely book my regular flights to Europe the normal way round without a surcharge i.e. UK to Europe and back to UK for the price I start with and with no Admin Fee, but I have stumbled again because on my journey Ryanair currently charges 16% more to passengers booking return flights from the UK as opposed to the very same flights booked the other way round in the foreign currency.

SIXTEEN percent!

They must take UK punters for complete mugs - and each time they do that and they trip me up, I am one step closer to putting in for 250 euros they owe me for my delay claim from 18 months ago, which I might otherwise have forgiven them if they were a less sharp operator.

Oh and something else you'll notice on Ryanair 2013 flights - some smart Alec has had a go at creating THE world's best tear-jerking script for selling Ryanair scratchcards. All the crews read it now - it talks about childrens charities and all that guff and then it has an incomplete sentence in it aimed at incomplete punters minds inviting you to imagine what your spare two Euros could do ... well I couldn't, so when the crew came by me with the scratchcards I asked the question "If I give you 2 euros for a scratchcard how much of it will actually reach the children's charities you just told us it would benefit?". The unscripted Ryanair answer to that one was "I don't actually know". I suggested that perhaps as the charities were not actually the promoters, but some nefarious outfit in Malta was last time I looked, that it actually wasn't very much that reached the charities and then got a rather call-centre-like "That may be your opinion" :p

That indeed is my opinion and you read it here.
  • ampersand
    ampersand Posts: 9,565 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    As I note yet another typical Ryan-err event, a question.
    Has no-one succeeded against them in the Small Claims Court?
    CAP[UK]for FREE EXPERT DEBT &BUDGET HELP:
    01274 760721, freephone0800 328 0006
    'People don't want much. They want: "Someone to love, somewhere to live, somewhere to work and something to hope for."
    Norman Kirk, NZLP- Prime Minister, 1972
    ***JE SUIS CHARLIE***
    'It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere' François-Marie AROUET

• WonderBhoy
    Options
    hi Folks,

Just to follow up on my previous reply: Ryanair have given me the refund under the 14 day cooling off thing but didn't acknowledge the fault on their site. Must have been a one-off though because I haven't seen the same occurance since.
  • Ariwa
    Options
    I might have found out what it was... I experienced the same thing. It turns out, that when you choose your country of residence the first time in the dropdown, the dropdown disappears and will not return. I thought that I had to give information about my "country of residence" and afterwards could choose in some kind of dropdown...

So - when I read this thread, I understood, where I had to choose "Travel without insurance". To get the dropdown back again, I closed my browser, deleted my cookies in my browsers history/security and woopti... There the dropdown was back again. This time I choose correctly under "country of residence" and this time I choose "Travel without insurance".

I understand they need to earn some money, when they make travelling so cheap, but it is a bit misleading. Good luck evreyone!
  • Marco999
    Marco999 Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 23 October 2013 at 9:12PM
    Options
    Hi everybody!
    I have a question on Travel Insurance. I purchased it by RA.
    On October 4 2013 I sent a Personal Effects (Travel Insurance) Claim by registered letter to One Claims Ltd. Copy of that claim was sent also by email claimseu@oneclaims.com and FAX. Till now there is no answer, no reception proof...
    RyanAir has strict agreement with Oneclaims: to reject all phone calls.
    What I can do? Has someone an experience with such situation?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure